Is This Good Parenting?
(11-09-2019, 11:03 AM)mushroom Wrote: I could do with one of them.

The one thing I’ve noticed about both the kids when I’ve been there is... the first sign of anything not going their way... they both just shout... it’s had to explain... its like if normal conversation is volume 3... the parents will ask them to walk the dogs... and they’ll scream back at volume 10.. “Noooooo I don’t want to” .. not just raised voices but screaming.... it makes me wonder if there’s a Aspergers/autistic thing going on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hard to know mate.  Doesn't sound like 'normal' behaviour.  Mind you in Cyprus everybody shouts.  Maybe they are deaf?  In which case my megaphone idea works for everyone.  Well apart from the parents.
(11-09-2019, 11:36 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: Hard to know mate.  Doesn't sound like 'normal' behaviour.  Mind you in Cyprus everybody shouts.  Maybe they are deaf?  In which case my megaphone idea works for everyone.  Well apart from the parents.

Your right about Cypriots.  Remember my Aunt and Uncle (Greek Cypriots), would yell at each other in normal conversations.  Friends would come over and get all embarrassed and say to my cousins, ‘Oh no, your mum and dad are arguing’, and my cousins had to reassure them they were just having a natter.
(11-09-2019, 12:44 PM)Bubbs11 Wrote: Your right about Cypriots.  Remember my Aunt and Uncle (Greek Cypriots), would yell at each other in normal conversations.  Friends would come over and get all embarrassed and say to my cousins, ‘Oh no, your mum and dad are arguing’, and my cousins had to reassure them they were just having a natter.
It's worse in a block of flats.  Sometimes you get 2 or 3 of these 'conversations' going on at once.  Normally when the alarm is set for 5am.  I think Italians are bad for it too, maybe it's a hot country thing.
(11-09-2019, 15:13 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: It's worse in a block of flats.  Sometimes you get 2 or 3 of these 'conversations' going on at once.  Normally when the alarm is set for 5am.  I think Italians are bad for it too, maybe it's a hot country thing.

Indians are the same....
The lengths some people will go to not to give their kids a smacked arse is incredible. In all seriousness, that account would be empty within a week if I tried to do this horrendously misguided disciplinary experiment on mine!
Why not just admit that you can't be arsed to keep your kids in line and that you want the 20 large for yourself? Beats this charade.
"Happy 21st birthday! You'd have got 10k each but we squandered it on shit for ourselves every time you didn't eat your peas, without even telling you what we were doing". Parent of the year material. Kids will probably end up on the gear.
It's ok though, just stick another £50 in your pocket every time they shoot up and say fuck all rather than address the issue.