Is The Country Going To The Dogs?
Hopefully not another brexit thread, but is it as good as you remember growing up in, better, or worse?

I know winter is a depressing time, but it feels a bit to me like the country is fucked.  Thoughts?
Almost all major cities lost to rampant, unchecked immigration.

Quick rule of thumb: if you're going somewhere in the UK and there's a mosque there, it's a shit hole. Luton has three or four (just to prove a point!).

The knock on effect is that the great white flight of which I was part of is to such an unsustainable level that small market towns and villages anywhere near a station serving London are overpopulated, over priced, and lack adequate schools, leisure facilities, roads and surgeries.
Thank Blair.

The country was fucked 20 years ago, we're seeing it die now. In my lifetime we will live under Sharia law in the UK. Simple matter of mathematics.

Not that it's entirely an immigration problem:

There's a benefits culture (cheaper to dole out benefits to scummy white trash and import their replacements) which isn't going anywhere and the millennial generation which I think I'm technically just about classed as are fucked.

University has become a business. When 50% of school leavers are going to uni, you know the value of a degree must be diluted. Then they expect to walk into positions of managing directors. Meanwhile, every middle-class white prick is too good to dig a ditch, you guessed it: more mass immigration.

We are fucked through a combination of open boarders, unregulated social welfare, an open door policy on the NHS and weak, pussified younger generations who value demonstrating their inclusivity and tolerance (brainwashed by MSM) over tackling the root causes as I have stated.
Prince Harry and Meghan epitomise everything that is fucked with the millennial generation (I think he's the same age as me):
A couple of over privileged virtue signallers with limited achievements in their own rights unable to carve a path for themselves on merit, traveling around poverty stricken Africa complaining that nobody has taken an interest in their feelings whilst lecturing the rest of us on our environmental responsibilities from the heated seats on their fucking private jet. This is a very typical, middle-class late twenties to mid thirties couple these days, just without the crippling credit card debt to fund their lifestyle.
First, two world wars fucked us. We were on our knees. I'm not getting into Bretton woods.

The greed and stupidity of trade unions in the '70s where men with no education and no job prospects tried to hold the government and the country to ransom for more money in the only job they were likely to get. Then we had a big erosion of working conditions as a direct result of that.
Now we have jobs that British people won't do because they are too crappy so we import people to do them instead. Meanwhile, we have the government loaning millions of pounds to university students for degrees that are often useless with no decent jobs available for graduates.
THe scaremongerers of the sixties told us to stop having too many kids and the pill made that possible. Unfortunately, the family model was totally undermined and our European populations went into steady decline adding to labour shortages and old age crisis.
Then our moronic politicians decided to open the flood gates for millions of immigrants to come here and totally change the face and culture of this country forever in a bid to quick fix everything. The results are there for all to see. Crime out of control, division everywhere, religious dogma on the rise and suppressed wages, housing and NHS shortages, obsession with race and discrimination, and everyone blaming everyone and everything except the real cause.

We might be fucked, but not as fucked as we are going to be in 100 years if we carry on down this road.

Oh, and vote Tory to get Brexit done.
I'm often asked if I miss the UK and my answer is always the same. No! I miss London from a period of time and when I left I left for a good reason. People (at home and here) thought I was mad but within 5 year those same people told me I was correct.

Some people will think the UK is a better place today however I do not.

I also get asked the same question about the railway as I was a driver for 11 years and my answer is the same for that too. I miss the job as it was, it isn't the same job today with GPS, cameras everywhere and so on. I have always been into my tech but I have to say pop has eaten itself and tech has made life worse.

I don't have and do not want to have kids. I feel sorry for this generation. Is one person 'jazz hands' me I'll kick the cu*t until the snowflake has melted.
"All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players.
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts."

- William Shakespeare's As You Like it (Act 2, Scene 7)
Your country is like a buffet, people are taking what they want, when they want it and whenever they need it. The world is following suit, but it seems your country is at the forefront of this buffet style living.
It's a disgrace as not many are willing to work for the betterment of their own lives, they're all trying to get something as quickly and easy as possible, without earning it as we knew it.
It's not just you lot, the world over is not far off being completely fecked with the attitude of people today.
Sad times lay ahead for us all unfortunately. I'm just glad i got to experience the 70's and 80's in a country that was a fair way behind in those eras.
(31-10-2019, 21:45 PM)Bones14 Wrote: Your country is like a buffet, people are taking what they want, when they want it and whenever they need it. The world is following suit, but it seems your country is at the forefront of this buffet style living.
It's a disgrace as not many are willing to work for the betterment of their own lives, they're all trying to get something as quickly and easy as possible, without earning it as we knew it.
It's not just you lot, the world over is not far off being completely fecked with the attitude of people today.
Sad times lay ahead for us all unfortunately. I'm just glad i got to experience the 70's and 80's in a country that was a fair way behind in those eras.
Pretty good summary.
All the greyhound tracks have closed down so in answer to the question, not as much as it has been.
Don't take our country back, take it forwards.
(31-10-2019, 21:45 PM)Bones14 Wrote: Your country is like a buffet, people are taking what they want, when they want it and whenever they need it. The world is following suit, but it seems your country is at the forefront of this buffet style living.
Can you substantiate any of this?
There's millions who would love to work for the betterment of their lives. Alas they are working and barely scrape by.
(31-10-2019, 22:11 PM)Yuri Gagarin Wrote: Can you substantiate any of this?
There's millions who would love to work for the betterment of their lives. Alas they are working and barely scrape by.
Jeez Louise Yuri, you're not serious are you?

People can get a far better go on welfare/dole than packing shelves at a supermarket. If you really think people are happy to start at the bottom and work their way up you're kidding.

Society has driven that "my opinion is valuable and has meaning" in every facet of life nowadays and to start at the bottom is below where i believe i deserve to be.

Your country along with many others have fed this super "self importance" attitude and whether you acknowledge it or accept it, is entirely up to you.

I certainly don't think your naïve, just missing the whole construct of the point. People are self righteous, self centered and far to opinionated of their standing in society. 90% of the population are bottom feeders and a great portion of them don't want to be there, but they want the easy way out.

Go to work, be good at your job, take some pride in your performance even if you hate the job and the rewards are there. Stop looking for short cuts, leg ups and free rides. They come when you're halfway up the ladder.
(31-10-2019, 22:38 PM)Bones14 Wrote: Jeez Louise Yuri, you're not serious are you?

People can get a far better go on welfare/dole than packing shelves at a supermarket. If you really think people are happy to start at the bottom and work their way up you're kidding.

Society has driven that "my opinion is valuable and has meaning" in every facet of life nowadays and to start at the bottom is below where i believe i deserve to be.

Your country along with many others have fed this super "self importance" attitude and whether you acknowledge it or accept it, is entirely up to you.

I certainly don't think your naïve, just missing the whole construct of the point. People are self righteous, self centered and far to opinionated of their standing in society. 90% of the population are bottom feeders and a great portion of them don't want to be there, but they want the easy way out.

Go to work, be good at your job, take some pride in your performance even if you hate the job and the rewards are there. Stop looking for short cuts, leg ups and free rides. They come when you're halfway up the ladder.
I suggest you watch the new Ken Loach film about in work poverty.
I love my job, I'm good at it. However what 5 years ago was a full time position, is now zero hours.
I help kids kids pushed out of mainstream get back into full time education again, if I do well I am punished because when they are back in school, I lose the hours until another kid comes along. It's hard not knowing what hours yoiu are going to get from one week to the next.

Being on the dole is no picnic. Don't fall in the trap that because a newspaper reports on 4 or 5 people taking the piss (there are always outliers in any sample) that everyone is at it.

Not everyone is self centred or self righteous. They just want a decent days pay for an honest days graft for someone who doesnt exploit them, that gives them a few quid left over each month to put towards a holiday or buy nice things from time to time. Not much to ask for in 21st century Britain is it?
(31-10-2019, 22:48 PM)Yuri Gagarin Wrote: I suggest you watch the new Ken Loach film about in work poverty.
I love my job, I'm good at it. However what 5 years ago was a full time position, is now zero hours.
I help kids kids pushed out of mainstream get back into full time education again, if I do well I am punished because when they are back in school, I lose the hours until another kid comes along. It's hard not knowing what hours yoiu are going to get from one week to the next.

Being on the dole is no picnic. Don't fall in the trap that because a newspaper reports on 4 or 5 people taking the piss (there are always outliers in any sample) that everyone is at it.

Not everyone is self centred or self righteous. They just want a decent days pay for an honest days graft  for someone who doesnt exploit them, that gives them a few quid left over each month to put towards a holiday or buy nice things from time to time. Not much to ask for in 21st century Britain is it?
Ken Loach doc? That'll be balanced!
I really, really take issue with applying the word poverty to describe anything going on in the UK. 
When my Nan and Grandad came from Ireland (both employed in public service at the time!) my Dad's first memory is them arguing on how to spend their last coin: put in in the meter or spend it on food. In the end they put it in the meter so they could warm up a bottle for his baby brother. That's closer to poverty than today's guaranteed £8.40 an hour if working and food and shelter if not. 
It's a fucking insult to think poverty exists in the UK. It doesn't. People who struggle to get by today have only themselves and their choices to blame. Survival is absolutely guaranteed so long as you don't top yourself or eat yourself to death in 21st century Britain!
(31-10-2019, 22:59 PM)ChrisGC Wrote: Ken Loach doc? That'll be balanced!
I really, really take issue with applying the word poverty to describe anything going on in the UK. 
When my Nan and Grandad came from Ireland (both employed in public service at the time!) my Dad's first memory is them arguing on how to spend their last coin: put in in the meter or spend it on food. In the end they put it in the meter so they could warm up a bottle for his baby brother. That's closer to poverty than today's guaranteed £8.40 an hour if working and food and shelter if not. 
It's a fucking insult to think poverty exists in the UK. It doesn't. People who struggle to get by today have only themselves and their choices to blame. Survival is absolutely guaranteed so long as you don't top yourself or eat yourself to death in 21st century Britain!
Relative poverty and basic human rights. Heat, light, food. Some people are forced to choose to go short of one of them .
(31-10-2019, 22:48 PM)Yuri Gagarin Wrote: I suggest you watch the new Ken Loach film about in work poverty.

Not everyone is self centred or self righteous. They just want a decent days pay for an honest days graft  for someone who doesnt exploit them, that gives them a few quid left over each month to put towards a holiday or buy nice things from time to time. Not much to ask for in 21st century Britain is it?
Agree with what you've typed to a point.
1/ You're comparing your job/work ethic/standards. Which isn't universally followed anymore.
2/ Every job has its pitfalls mine included with hours etc. I have to wait for the phone to ring and someone wants my services. Not ideal every day as I can get 5 people wanting jobs one day, and no-one the next.
3/ I too love my job, I also take pride and I've worked with the younger generation training them up and passing all my years of experience to a kid that only cares about his wage at the end of the week and not the level of professionalism that's required to be a successful operator (concrete cutter)
4/ The dole isn't a picnic, but it is when you have no work ethic/standards and enthusiasm to actually reward yourself with a career or a starting point to one.
5/ Not everyone is self centered and self righteous, because that's our era of people. The youth and 20 somethings are fucken lazy, self absorbed, self obsessed parasites in a world that requires hard work and diligence to map out a life that will be rewarded, rather than a life that the world owes me something and i'm entitled. No one is entitled to anything in this world. You have to earn it. 
6/ Pay is a tough one as there's plenty of jobs that only receive the bare minimum. To get past the bare minimum, work your arse off and put in a solid effort everytime you turn up. Be punctual, respectful and have some inner pride in your days accomplishments and before to long, you may well find your not on the minimum wage.
(31-10-2019, 23:05 PM)Yuri Gagarin Wrote: Relative poverty and basic human rights. Heat, light, food. Some people are forced to choose to go short of one of them .
Relative poverty? 

I'm in relative poverty compared to Bill Gates.
It's a term created by public school politicians in the Labour party to validate middle class people joining the benefits brigade in voting against "the establishment".
Yuri might see sense when the works of Karl Marx are unplugged from his anus and thus taking away the power source,like a battery thing.
(31-10-2019, 23:10 PM)ChrisGC Wrote: Relative poverty? 

I'm in relative poverty compared to Bill Gates.
It's a term created by public school politicians in the Labour party to validate middle class people joining the benefits brigade in voting against "the establishment".
Well I hope you never fall on hard times.
(01-11-2019, 00:18 AM)Richard Sole Wrote: Yuri might see sense when the works of Karl Marx are unplugged from his anus and thus taking away the power source,like a battery thing.
Rosa Luxemburg if you must know.
(01-11-2019, 00:30 AM)Yuri Gagarin Wrote: Well I hope you never fall on hard times.
What, other than leaving the army with fuck all, building myself up from being homeless, worked 3 jobs to establish my own business from a council flat where I had only a mattress and a telly (still luxury) to running the second biggest company in our sector in the UK? All without any loan, credit card or investment?
Yeah, I know nothing about hardship.
(01-11-2019, 08:47 AM)ChrisGC Wrote: What, other than leaving the army with fuck all, building myself up from being homeless, worked 3 jobs to establish my own business from a council flat where I had only a mattress and a telly (still luxury) to running the second biggest company in our sector in the UK? All without any loan, credit card or investment?
Yeah, I know nothing about hardship.
Fair enough. Kudos to you. However.   
What about the woman with 3 young kids whose husband has fucked off?
What about the family where one of the parents has become ill so both parents have to give up work?
What about the thousands and thousands in precarious job positions because of the changing nature of the labour market and rise in zero hours contracts.
Not everyone can be an entrepreneur.