Injuries
Looks like Tomkins and/or Ward could be out for a while.  Will we regret not replacing AWB in the summer now?
(24-11-2019, 08:23 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: Looks like Tomkins and/or Ward could be out for a while.  Will we regret not replacing AWB in the summer now?
All the more annoying as I believe the Tomkins injury was caused by a nudge on him by a red c*nt 《firmino?》 nudging him as he went up to head ball out. Of course it was t seen by Kevin Enemy. Liverpool scored from corner!!
Tomkins was awesome yesterday as well.
(24-11-2019, 15:41 PM)Lombardo\s Hair Wrote: All the more annoying as I believe the Tomkins injury was caused by a nudge on him by a red c*nt 《firmino?》 nudging him as he went up to head ball out. Of course it was t seen by Kevin Enemy. Liverpool scored from corner!!
Toothy prick.  What is it with Liverpool and toothy pricks?  I don't think they will win the league, they have dug out and fluked a few results but Man City are the better side.  

I guess if Ward and Tomkins are both out we will be looking at PvA,  Cahill, Dann/'Sakho, and Kelly.  Still not too shabby but not much cover unless one of our 4 (four) defensive midfielders can play in the back 4.
Anything official on these two yet?
(27-11-2019, 13:15 PM)HonorOakBloke Wrote: Anything official on these two yet?
Probably won't know until Friday mate.  I guess Roy won't want to give too much away.  Our tactics are predictable enough as it is  Smile
Only Ward apparently.

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2019/novembe...onference/

Quite a recovery by Tomkins if true.
Dunno what we will do in defence on Saturday now.  Tomkins and Kelly, plus 2 others i guess.  Kouyate and Schlupp maybe?
I think we could see:

Kelly Tompkins  Kouyote   Schulpp

Mccarthy    Luka     McCarthur 

Townsend   Ayew  Wilf

Or   (this is how I think we will line up)

McCarthy  Tompkins  Kelly  Schulpp

Kouyote  Luka   McCarthur

Whatever happens Schulpp has to start two goals in two games and looked solid all game.  We could have solved our left back problem internally!!!
(04-12-2019, 10:15 AM)The Groover Wrote: I think we could see:

Kelly Tompkins  Kouyote   Schulpp

Mccarthy    Luka     McCarthur 

Townsend   Ayew  Wilf

Or   (this is how I think we will line up)

McCarthy  Tompkins  Kelly  Schulpp

Kouyote  Luka   McCarthur

Whatever happens Schulpp has to start two goals in two games and looked solid all game.  We could have solved our left back problem internally!!!
I think Roy will go with the more solid of those 2 options, and agree that Schlupp must start.  I think he played as a forward before joining Leicester.  He certainly scores some great goals.
Dunno about Schlupp as a starter - he seems at his best when he comes on later against tiring defences: as his last 2 games show.
(05-12-2019, 09:47 AM)HonorOakBloke Wrote: Dunno about Schlupp as a starter - he seems at his best when he comes on later against tiring defences: as his last 2 games show.
He deserves to feature at some point doesn't he.  I would rest Wilf against these.  Burnley, Bournemouth and then Watford is a lot of kicks.
(05-12-2019, 14:17 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: He deserves to feature at some point doesn't he.  I would rest Wilf against these.  Burnley, Bournemouth and then Watford is a lot of kicks.
I guess that we'll see Schlupp anyway playing at the back - not convinced that PvA will be ready for 90 minutes on Saturday.

Good point about Wilf - you just know that Watford will be out for his blood because they really hate the guy: but then if Schlupp is already on at the back, who you gonna play up front? Some sort of Andros/Benteke/Ayew combination? Not sure how that would work out...