Ice Hockey World Championships
I don't even know if this is being shown on UK TV but it is the national sport over here. It's a shame Sweden lost in the semi-finals though last year we won.
I like normal Hockey, I never watched Ice hockey one's but I do hear it is popular in Eastern europe more
(25-05-2019, 15:39 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: I like normal Hockey, I never watched Ice hockey one's but I do hear it is popular in Eastern europe more

I had to play field hockey at school, which was both tiring and painful. I guess it is basically the same as the one played on pitches but slower.

It's mainly the 'cold' countries that play ice hockey and the US. When I was a kid back in the 80s I used to watch it at Streatham Ice Rink and also some weird basket ball type game which had a 4 sided goal in the middle of the rink about 10 feet in the air.

When I saw watch I mean wait for them to finish so I could go back on the ice. Smile
(25-05-2019, 16:35 PM)The Expat Eagle Wrote: I had to play field hockey at school, which was both tiring and painful. I guess it is basically the same as the one played on pitches but slower.

It's mainly the 'cold' countries that play ice hockey and the US. When I was a kid back in the 80s I used to watch it at Streatham Ice Rink and also some weird basket ball type game which had a 4 sided goal in the middle of the rink about 10 feet in the air.

When I saw watch I mean wait for them to finish so I could go back on the ice. Smile

Haha, the last sentence made me laugh Smile 

I played field hockey and was all right with that, but I can't skate so never tried or even watched the ice hockey
(26-05-2019, 14:32 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: Haha, the last sentence made me laugh Smile 

I played field hockey and was all right with that, but I can't skate so never tried or even watched the ice hockey

I can skate... In a straight line! ;-)
I love Ice Hockey.

Watched Czech League Ice Hockey play off in Kladno a couple of months back, great atmosphere>

I believe GB are competing in next years World champs in Switzerland, even though we are only ranked 22 in the world.
World Championships in 28 days

GB have some tough games against Russia, Sweden, Czech republic.
Ballot spoilers of the world unite.
(11-06-2019, 13:23 PM)Raggy Wrote: I love Ice Hockey.

Watched Czech League Ice Hockey play off in Kladno a couple of months back, great atmosphere>

I believe GB are competing in next years World champs in Switzerland, even though we are only ranked 22 in the world.

Mate it's the greatest sport on the planet :-)

Did you watch GB's final and critical game at the last Championships?  The wooden spoon decider against France, with the winner guaranteed to stay in the top tier of international ice hockey and the loser banished to the equivalent of Davis Cup Tennis against Uzbekistan?

3-0 down and then........hairs are standing up on the back of my neck and that's before I watch the all too short YT highlights again!

(26-04-2021, 23:10 PM)Walrus Wrote: Mate it's the greatest sport on the planet :-)

Did you watch GB's final and critical game at the last Championships?  The wooden spoon decider against France, with the winner guaranteed to stay in the top tier of international ice hockey and the loser banished to the equivalent of Davis Cup Tennis against Uzbekistan?

3-0 down and then........hairs are standing up on the back of my neck and that's before I watch the all too short YT highlights again!

Sorry I missed this post previously.
Yes what is great about the sport is how a 4 goal deficit can be turned round in about 2 minutes. But goals are still rare enough that they get properly celebrated.
I admit I am confused by the clip - how did GB win when it finished 3-3?  Huh
Ballot spoilers of the world unite.