I Wonder Sometimes...
I was listening to the wireless this morning when a called rang in to wax lyrical about how people should not vote Tory and should instead vote for the Brexit party. Her reasoning was that the Tory party is full of remainers who have no intention of leaving the EU because the deal Boris got will keep us in the EU, blah, blah, blah.

Then we get JC saying he will sort Brexit out within 6 months with a new deal... and I quote... "it isn't difficult to do". Boris would get us out in 6 weeks if he wins. JC says the NHS will be given to the Yanks "even though Borish denies it, it is true!" Well with that logic I'll say Labour will burn all Jews. JC denies it but I know it is true...

What isn't spoken about is the TTIP trade deal the EU is negotiating with the US will mean they can come in and bid to run hospitals because of the anti-monopoly EU rules which mean NHS trusts would have to put it out to tender. If Labour keep us in the EU then they can't do a thing about it.

I support nationalisation but the same laws prohibit it from happening. It would be easier for the government to start companies to compete instead and stop paying subsidies therefore legally competing. But hopefully we'll leave the EU so this won't be a problem.

Over in La La Land the Lib Dems have sent out leaflets which say Jo Swinson is the next Prime Minister of the UK.

Up in the land of haggis the SNP say they don't want a referendum on independence, they want the ability to have one if Holyrood votes for it. Which we all know they will as they will have a majority.

As with every other election it is all smoke and mirrors. People telling lies about other parties, lies about their own intentions and relying on people swallowing it.

This is the problem with politics today. As Obi Wan once said. It's true... from a certain point of view.

They all lie. They all claim they don't. They all throw abuse around. They all claim they don't. I don't know how anyone can argue for one of these people.

To say an overused term... I just want Brexit... I just want what I voted for. That and Anna Soubry to lose her seat.

Over and out!
"All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players.
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts."

- William Shakespeare's As You Like it (Act 2, Scene 7)
(31-10-2019, 20:42 PM)The Expat Eagle Wrote: I was listening to the wireless this morning when a called rang in to wax lyrical about how people should not vote Tory and should instead vote for the Brexit party. Her reasoning was that the Tory party is full of remainers who have no intention of leaving the EU because the deal Boris got will keep us in the EU, blah, blah, blah.

Then we get JC saying he will sort Brexit out within 6 months with a new deal... and I quote... "it isn't difficult to do". Boris would get us out in 6 weeks if he wins. JC says the NHS will be given to the Yanks "even though Borish denies it, it is true!" Well with that logic I'll say Labour will burn all Jews. JC denies it but I know it is true...

What isn't spoken about is the TTIP trade deal the EU is negotiating with the US will mean they can come in and bid to run hospitals because of the anti-monopoly EU rules which mean NHS trusts would have to put it out to tender. If Labour keep us in the EU then they can't do a thing about it.

I support nationalisation but the same laws prohibit it from happening. It would be easier for the government to start companies to compete instead and stop paying subsidies therefore legally competing. But hopefully we'll leave the EU so this won't be a problem.

Over in La La Land the Lib Dems have sent out leaflets which say Jo Swinson is the next Prime Minister of the UK.

Up in the land of haggis the SNP say they don't want a referendum on independence, they want the ability to have one if Holyrood votes for it. Which we all know they will as they will have a majority.

As with every other election it is all smoke and mirrors. People telling lies about other parties, lies about their own intentions and relying on people swallowing it.

This is the problem with politics today. As Obi Wan once said. It's true... from a certain point of view.

They all lie. They all claim they don't. They all throw abuse around. They all claim they don't. I don't know how anyone can argue for one of these people.

To say an overused term... I just want Brexit... I just want what I voted for. That and Anna Soubry to lose her seat.

Over and out!
Well said.
I have been voting for decades not for who I want to rule but against who I don't.

Looking back now the best government we have had in decades was the Lib/con coalition.

We could have had a coalition of the libs and which ever party had the highest number of seats giving us tory light and labour light.  But sadly British politics is so polarised that its not possible.

The lib voters who were on the left side of centre vowed to never vote for them again for getting into bed with the tory's.  And had they got into bed with labour those on the right of centre would have said the same.  It seems that the liberals were all for coalition government as long as it was on the correct side of the spectrum!!

So we are left with voting against a party rather than for what we want!
(31-10-2019, 20:42 PM)The Expat Eagle Wrote: I was listening to the wireless this morning when a called rang in to wax lyrical about how people should not vote Tory and should instead vote for the Brexit party. Her reasoning was that the Tory party is full of remainers who have no intention of leaving the EU because the deal Boris got will keep us in the EU, blah, blah, blah.

Over and out!
As said when it was mentioned on here before, ttip is no more. It didn't happen not will it.

What provable lie has Corbyn said?
Don't take our country back, take it forwards.

Over and out!
Careful. I said they all lie and Yuri wasnt happy as Corbyn hasnt been proven to lie. 
I have worked out why...he never says anything substantive it's all rhetoric and hyperbole. I must say it is interesting about TTIP though. A bit of scaremongering about Trump and NHS by remainers ...if you are correct The EU is setting us up by back door!
(31-10-2019, 21:57 PM)Lombardo\s Hair Wrote: Careful. I said they all lie and Yuri wasnt happy as Corbyn hasnt been proven to lie. 
I have worked out why...he never says anything substantive it's all rhetoric and hyperbole. I must say it is interesting about TTIP though. A bit of scaremongering about Trump and NHS by remainers ...if you are correct The EU is setting us up by back door!
TTIP is dead FFS
(31-10-2019, 21:53 PM)Yuri Gagarin Wrote: As said when it was mentioned on here before, ttip is no more. It didn't happen not will it.

What provable lie has Corbyn said?

The onus is on him to prove he is telling the truth not for someone else to prove it is a lie. Trump, the US, Boris and the Tories say the NHS is not up for negotiation. Corbyn lied but says to trust him he knows more.

So, as I said, I'll say he will burn Jews, invite the IRA to dinner and turn the UK into a communist police state. He says he won't but trust me, I know he will.  He says he isn't anti-Semitic but trust me, I know he is.

We can all do this and spread lies or say our opinion as fact but that just continues to make politics toxic, spread fear and try to win an election on false claims.
"All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players.
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts."

- William Shakespeare's As You Like it (Act 2, Scene 7)
(31-10-2019, 22:40 PM)The Expat Eagle Wrote: The onus is on him to prove he is telling the truth not for someone else to prove it is a lie. Trump, the US, Boris and the Tories say the NHS is not up for negotiation. Corbyn lied but says to trust him he knows more.

So, as I said, I'll say he will burn Jews, invite the IRA to dinner and turn the UK into a communist police state. He says he won't but trust me, I know he will.  He says he isn't anti-Semitic but trust me, I know he is.

We can all do this and spread lies or say our opinion as fact but that just continues to make politics toxic, spread fear and try to win an election on false claims.
Someone on LBC today actually said that Corbyn would send Jews to death camps.
Jews are like 1% of the population so why the hysteria? (We all know the answer )
(01-11-2019, 00:03 AM)Yuri Gagarin Wrote: Someone on LBC today actually said that Corbyn would send Jews to death camps.
Big Grin

Some of the stuff I'm reading on Facebook is really gob-smacking.  They have really been suckered in haven't they.  Shows the power of drip drip propaganda though doesn't it.  If we get 5 more years of toryism as a result I'm losing all faith in humanity.