Here’s A Strange One.
I have a few bank accounts... I have one that gets child benefit paid in to it... that’s all... nothing else goes in there... I then have a standing order for the same amount as the child benefit payment to go in to premium bonds... so x amount goes in... and x amount goes out... I’ve just noticed that I seem to be getting a extra payment of £80 going in to my account.... it’s been happening since April.
All it says is Bank Giro Credit... I have no idea who is giving me this £

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Has Mrs Mushroom been acting suspiciously recently? Smile
I'd say that the extra 80 is from whoever is paying your child support and they've either stuffed up the payment schedule or they've added (the said amount) from another one of their accounts.
(28-08-2019, 11:30 AM)Bones14 Wrote: I'd say that the extra 80 is from whoever is paying your child support and they've either stuffed up the payment schedule or they've added (the said amount) from another one of their accounts.

It’s child benefit... from Gov.... I end up paying it back when I do my self-assessment. [Image: 4da93c144927c5456bb6e4722d193442.jpg]

It just has a reference number... no name or anything. I rarely look at this account...it’s been going in since April.

[quote="elgin eagle" pid='7494' dateline='1566979543']
Has Mrs Mushroom been acting suspiciously recently? Smile

Well.... it’s funny you mention that.... she has been unusually frisky lately

(28-08-2019, 20:22 PM)mushroom Wrote:
(28-08-2019, 09:05 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: Has Mrs Mushroom been acting suspiciously recently? Smile

Well.... it’s funny you mention that....  she has been unusually frisky lately

Any strange crying noises?  Missus Mush getting up inexplicably at weird times in the night?
mushroom Wrote:It’s child benefit... from Gov.... I end up paying it back when I do my self-assessment. [Image: 4da93c144927c5456bb6e4722d193442.jpg]
Mystery solved then.

Would be a shame to pay it back....
I’m putting it all in premium bonds. It can sit there until they ask for it back. Hopefully I’ll win.

(29-08-2019, 11:17 AM)mushroom Wrote: I’m putting it all in premium bonds. It can sit there until they ask for it back. Hopefully I’ll win.

They will ask it if you tell them....
(29-08-2019, 11:17 AM)mushroom Wrote: I’m putting it all in premium bonds. It can sit there until they ask for it back. Hopefully I’ll win.

Sounds sensible.  Lots of people at work are getting letters from hmrc telling them they are not entitled to it and to repay it.  One guy had to get a 1500 quid loan.
(29-08-2019, 12:50 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Sounds sensible.  Lots of people at work are getting letters from hmrc telling them they are not entitled to it and to repay it.  One guy had to get a 1500 quid loan.

I've noticed it is focused on men; I've been done, but for the year when my wife earned higher...….nothing.  Not like I even saw the money as it is paid to the wife, or that she had not stopped it.
(29-08-2019, 13:03 PM)Peffers Wrote: I've noticed it is focused on men; I've been done, but for the year when my wife earned higher...….nothing.  Not like I even saw the money as it is paid to the wife, or that she had not stopped it.
Definitely seems to be all blokes at my depot that got letters.  Mind you we don't have many female drivers there.  At least sticking it in premium bonds you aren't spending it.
elgin eagle Wrote:Definitely seems to be all blokes at my depot that got letters.  Mind you we don't have many female drivers there.  At least sticking it in premium bonds you aren't spending it.
How's Stan, Jack and Blakey Big Grin

Is Arthur still bangin' Olive. Heart
(30-08-2019, 12:33 PM)Bones14 Wrote: How's Stan, Jack and Blakey Big Grin

Is Arthur still bangin' Olive. Heart
Haha it is a bit like on the buses in there sometimes Smile  Normally when the railway grinds to a halt.
Mystery solved. Mrs Mushroom set up a £80 standing order to a account for my daughter (for when she’s older) but she got the details wrong... so bank were taking money... trying to put in a account that didn’t exist... then putting the £ back two weeks later.

(31-08-2019, 10:27 AM)mushroom Wrote: Mystery solved. Mrs Mushroom set up a £80 standing order to a account for my daughter (for when she’s older) but she got the details wrong... so bank were taking money... trying to put in a account that didn’t exist... then putting the £ back two weeks later.

At least you don't have another child you don't know about!
Going to the match today?
Start work at bang on 1500. Sad

No break until 20:14.

(31-08-2019, 13:38 PM)mushroom Wrote: Start work at bang on 1500. Sad

No break until 20:14.

Boo.  Lieu day here.