He's An Arsenal W@nker!
Today Ian Wright was quoted in the Daily Mirror as saying

Quote:"We’re trying to get Wilfried Zaha, which would be magnificent."

Are there any Palace fans left who think he isn't a prize wanker? I know he is Arsenal but when it comes to the two clubs going head to head he should just keep quiet.
You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.
He's always been a tosser. We just pretended not to notice when he was banging them in for us.
Never forget when he said he was a millwall fan cos he lived near the ground. Laughed my nuts off. If he ever went in there he would have been hanging from a flood light!
Loved him when he was here 30 odd years ago but now he’s a media whore and arsenal are his main vehicle for those payday gigs.

He’d be earning 200 grand a week these days so we can feel a bit smug about that though.It must hurt him to see that.
(03-07-2019, 20:50 PM)Swedish Expat Eagle Wrote: Today Ian Wright was quoted in the Daily Mirror as saying

Are there any Palace fans left who think he isn't a prize wanker? I know he is Arsenal but when it comes to the two clubs going head to head he should just keep quiet.

To be honest this doesn't bother me as much as the lack of respect and acknowledgement he has shown to palace over the years. Don't really care if he is an arsenal fan, but given the crucial role we had in making him, he gives us very little credit. Celebrating all those years ago when he relegated us* (well before my time), the lack of any mention of palace in his book, all that type of thing.

*There are rumours that he got (some racist) dog's abuse, hence he celebrated, that doesn't much affect the "body of evidence" that had built up over the years that indicates he has very little time for us.
(06-07-2019, 15:53 PM)Glazier Wrote: To be honest this doesn't bother me as much as the lack of respect and acknowledgement he has shown to palace over the years. Don't really care if he is an arsenal fan, but given the crucial role we had in making him, he gives us very little credit. Celebrating all those years ago when he relegated us* (well before my time), the lack of any mention of palace in his book, all that type of thing.

*There are rumours that he got (some racist) dog's abuse, hence he celebrated, that doesn't much affect the "body of evidence" that had built up over the years that indicates he has very little time for us.

According to Wright people write graffiti on his mum's wall but I haven't heard it was racist. He took great offence to the song the fans sang about him having aids and being a bastard, all of which is obviously not true and the song is obviously what we call today banter.

It went: "Ian Wright is illegitimate, he ain't got a birth certificate, he's got AIDS and can't get rid of it, he's an Arsenal bastard."

That is the song in which we made such terrible claims about him. He should be glad he wasn't Clive Allen...

After Arsenal got to a European final but Wright was banned for it another song went: "He's booked, he's banned, he's sitting in the stand, Ian Wright, Ian Wright... Ian Wright, Wright, Wright... Serves him, Wright, Wright, Wright!"

Ian Wright also tells the story about when he scored the goal to basically send us down in 1994 that Nigel Martyn said to him after he scored "Wrighty, what are you doing?" thinking he wouldn't do that to Palace and Wright replied while smirking "Sorry Nige, I just can't miss!"

For years and years Wright said he only scored against us on that day because he believed we were safe and didn't know we would be relegated. Then he started with the badge kissing and said it was because we said he was illegitimate and a bastard.

One of those stories he tells is a lie. He probably don't even know which one is true. Furthermore, he worked on a building site yet we really offended him.

It's just bullshit. I'd be okay with it if he just owned it and admitted everything instead of being a two faced twat. At least Kenny Sansom is just honest about his allegiance and gives us credit.
You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.
(06-07-2019, 16:14 PM)Swedish Expat Eagle Wrote: According to Wright people write graffiti on his mum's wall but I haven't heard it was racist. He took great offence to the song the fans sang about him having aids and being a bastard, all of which is obviously not true and the song is obviously what we call today banter.

It went: "Ian Wright is illegitimate, he ain't got a birth certificate, he's got AIDS and can't get rid of it, he's an Arsenal bastard."

That is the song in which we made such terrible claims about him. He should be glad he wasn't Clive Allen...

After Arsenal got to a European final but Wright was banned for it another song went: "He's booked, he's banned, he's sitting in the stand, Ian Wright, Ian Wright... Ian Wright, Wright, Wright... Serves him, Wright, Wright, Wright!"

Ian Wright also tells the story about when he scored the goal to basically send us down in 1994 that Nigel Martyn said to him after he scored "Wrighty, what are you doing?" thinking he wouldn't do that to Palace and Wright replied while smirking "Sorry Nige, I just can't miss!"

For years and years Wright said he only scored against us on that day because he believed we were safe and didn't know we would be relegated. Then he started with the badge kissing and said it was because we said he was illegitimate and a bastard.

One of those stories he tells is a lie. He probably don't even know which one is true. Furthermore, he worked on a building site yet we really offended him.

It's just bullshit. I'd be okay with it if he just owned it and admitted everything instead of being a two faced twat. At least Kenny Sansom is just honest about his allegiance and gives us credit.

Interesting to read, didn't know any of this. If we were chanting that song during that match, you can sort of understand how he got wound up, but you're right - he should just own his position, no worming.
I think that aids song first surfaced at a league cup semi or quarter final at selhurst?
Think we lost 3-1 and he scored.
Lost all love for this bloke a long time ago.
Such a shame as he's one of the greatest players in our history, if not the greatest.
Memories just aren't as fond anymore...……………………….prick.
He claims Judas was scrawled on his mum's door. He also used to make a point of drivng his open top merc through south norwood, until someone threw a carton of milk into his car (a younger me, maybe)

The man is a disgrace i know at least one 14 year old he abused in PM on twitter, threatening him.

And i will never forgive his goading like a c*nt when he sent us down. He owes us his career, any yet he behaves like it started at Arsenal
Interesting answers to questions. I'm still a fan of the man.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle...-interview
(08-07-2019, 17:36 PM)Richard Sole Wrote: I think that aids song first surfaced at a league cup semi or quarter final at selhurst?
Think we lost 3-1 and he scored.

The ‘aids’ song started in the very first game we played against him in the season he left.  It was at Highbury and I remember stopping at a pub in Victoria on route and hearing a small group of Palace fans singing it.

When the players first came on the pitch they made their way to the centre circle as they used to back then and Wrighty definitely turned round and clapped us at the Clock End corner.

That’s where the niceties ended unfortunately.  Wright caught wind of the song...the whole thing with his mum and the graffiti...and it was inevitable that such a highly emotional person once provoked would fight back.  Wish he hadn’t and just kept a quiet demeanour but Wright was never going to do that.