Giant Albino African Land Snails
(03-11-2019, 23:22 PM)Yuri Gagarin Wrote:
On the subject of 
Heliciculture
snail may lay five to six clutches per year with a hatching viability around 90%. Adult size is reached in about six months, after which growth slows, but does not cease until death. Life expectancy is commonly five to six years in captivity, but the snails
 can live for up to 10 years.
Blimey.  Mind you they dont mention Scotland anywhere there.  You have to take a few years off for that.  Having said that i think its going to need a big fishtank with some subdivisions.  Sounds like i will never have to eat salad again on the upside.
(02-11-2019, 15:23 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Smile

'Giants' they are not. I've given them some lettuce and put them in a jar over the radiator to simulate African conditions in scotland.  I can do no more.
Get a luvvie or unfunny comedian to stand next to them while asking you for money.
(08-11-2019, 15:47 PM)Arthur Fleck Wrote: Get a luvvie or unfunny comedian to stand next to them while asking you for money.
Smile

Will that make them grow then?  They don't seem to have died yet.  Although it's pretty hard to tell.  They don't do much.
Have they growed much?
Not everyone who voted Brexit is racist. Fact. 
It is likely that racists probably voted for Brexit.
Anyone involved in grooming gangs, regardless of religion, is a c*nt who should be chemically castrated.
Hope that clarifies things.
(12-11-2019, 21:31 PM)Yuri Gagarin Wrote: Have they growed much?
Nah, they are the most boring pets in the world.  I really can't see the point of them.  I also can't see Mrs Elgin picking them up in 6 months time and wiping their slime on her face.  I'm staying out of it.
The snails are down to 3 now we think.  Mrs E chucked 3 out by accident when cleaning their bowl out.  So unless they survive in the wheelie bin they are gonners.
(05-12-2019, 22:52 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: The snails are down to 3 now we think.  Mrs E chucked 3 out by accident when cleaning their bowl out.  So unless they survive in the wheelie bin they are gonners.
By accident? How? Lol
She thought there was only ever 3.  Most of the time you can only see a couple of them as they crawl into the mud ball or under it.  I bet its not very African wherever they are now.
(06-12-2019, 01:04 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: She thought there was only ever 3.  Most of the time you can only see a couple of them as they crawl into the mud ball or under it.  I bet its not very African wherever they are now.
I dunno. If it's the black bins they'll go off to an energy from waste plant so it'll stink, everything will be covered in flies and soon enough they'll be red hot.
(07-12-2019, 09:04 AM)ChrisGC Wrote: I dunno. If it's the black bins they'll go off to an energy from waste plant so it'll stink, everything will be covered in flies and soon enough they'll be red hot.
I will check the news in a few months then.  '6 inch long snails take over rubbish dump, origin unknown'.  I blame the Russians.  The three that are left seem to be growing anyway.  They love a bit of cucumber, the randy little buggers.  Might need to get them a bigger jar soon.
(07-12-2019, 09:35 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: I will check the news in a few months then.  '6 inch long snails take over rubbish dump, origin unknown'.  I blame the Russians.  The three that are left seem to be growing anyway.  They love a bit of cucumber, the randy little buggers.  Might need to get them a bigger jar soon.
Why not lace the cucumber with steroids? Get some buff snails raging about the place?
(08-12-2019, 22:44 PM)ChrisGC Wrote: Why not lace the cucumber with steroids? Get some buff snails raging about the place?
Big Grin

Think of the slime they would produce then.  12 inch snails.  Next year Rodders Smile
They seem to be growing.  Not sure how that works with the shell though.
Not exactly giants yet, but they do seem bigger.  Might have to get a bigger glass bowl soon.

Are they nice in a curry?
Not everyone who voted Brexit is racist. Fact. 
It is likely that racists probably voted for Brexit.
Anyone involved in grooming gangs, regardless of religion, is a c*nt who should be chemically castrated.
Hope that clarifies things.
(07-01-2020, 12:57 PM)Yuri Gagarin Wrote: Are they nice in a curry?
Not much meat on them yet.  Mind you a diet of lettuce and cucumber is hardly going to pile on the pounds is it.  This slime better be worth it.
Are they ready to eat yet?
Haha not quite.  They haven't died yet.  In much worse news my dog needs her uterus removed.  Made my day much worse, trust me.