Flies
What's the point of these bastards?  We put up a flyscreen on the back door and they still find a way in.  Having said that seeing them get stuck on the fly catcher paper is pretty satisfying in a cruel way.  Some of them get right in your face.
(18-06-2020, 17:40 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: What's the point of these bastards?  We put up a flyscreen on the back door and they still find a way in.  Having said that seeing them get stuck on the fly catcher paper is pretty satisfying in a cruel way.  Some of them get right in your face.
Absolutely the most irritating infected. ....apart from decking fruit flies. We had what seemed like an infestation of the bustards.  We seem to have cleared it up. Don't know how it started nor how we solved it...apart from putting kittle bowls of balsamic vinegar out with cling film over top punctured with small holes. Buggers committed suicide?
(18-06-2020, 17:40 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: What's the point of these bastards?  We put up a flyscreen on the back door and they still find a way in.  Having said that seeing them get stuck on the fly catcher paper is pretty satisfying in a cruel way.  Some of them get right in your face.
Last year I bought one of those electrified tennis racquets to swat the bastards with. It was fun but last year they were everywhere. Sometimes they will start laying eggs inside the house and then they will seem to appear from nowhere.

This year we have had those tiny little fuckers that get in you indoor rubbish bins and plants. You just can't get rid of them.
Goodbye European Union. Goodbye Jeremy. Goodbye Nick. Jerk-It
(18-06-2020, 21:25 PM)Talons Wrote: Last year I bought one of those electrified tennis racquets to swat the bastards with. It was fun but last year they were everywhere. Sometimes they will start laying eggs inside the house and then they will seem to appear from nowhere.

This year we have had those tiny little fuckers that get in you indoor rubbish bins and plants. You just can't get rid of them.
See my post above. You are referring to fruit flies. Just don't leave any food out. Cover over your fruit or keep in fridge. We seem to have got rid.
(18-06-2020, 21:25 PM)Talons Wrote: Last year I bought one of those electrified tennis racquets to swat the bastards with. It was fun but last year they were everywhere. Sometimes they will start laying eggs inside the house and then they will seem to appear from nowhere.

Bastards.  I dunno about where you live but since they started collecting our green bin every 2 weeks instead of every week there seems to be more flies.  Maybe they live in the bin.
(19-06-2020, 02:02 AM)Lombardo\s Hair Wrote: See my post above. You are referring to fruit flies. Just don't leave any food out. Cover over your fruit or keep in fridge. We seem to have got rid.
Yes.

We now make a big effort to empty the fruit and veg bin regularly but they are always returning.  We use the yellow fly sheets to reduce them as well.
The warmer climate brings more insects I guess.
(19-06-2020, 09:33 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: Bastards.  I dunno about where you live but since they started collecting our green bin every 2 weeks instead of every week there seems to be more flies.  Maybe they live in the bin.
They certainly like the rubbish.

It has never been a big problem here until the last couple of years.
(19-06-2020, 09:51 AM)Talons Wrote: They certainly like the rubbish.

It has never been a big problem here until the last couple of years.

I reckon its that.  Food shouldn't be lying around in bags for 2 weeks.  Are your bins collected every fortnight as well?

There's a wasps nest somewhere in the garden as well.  They are just as bad but at least you have to respect them.
(19-06-2020, 17:44 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: I reckon its that.  Food shouldn't be lying around in bags for 2 weeks.  Are your bins collected every fortnight as well?

There's a wasps nest somewhere in the garden as well.  They are just as bad but at least you have to respect them.
Yep, every two weeks here.
We had a wasps nest in one of our sheds last year which was hard to get to without getting 1000 wasps in your face. I had to pay a pest controller £50 to sort it.
Take a crap in your garden, problem sorted.
(19-06-2020, 21:55 PM)ChrisGC Wrote: Take a crap in your garden, problem sorted.
The dogs do that all the time.  Well they did till I put down a fuck off concrete slab.  Now their shitting area has been severely restricted.  Luckily for them they have never had so many walks, post lockdown.
(19-06-2020, 21:41 PM)Talons Wrote: Yep, every two weeks here.
We had a wasps nest in one of our sheds last year which was hard to get to without getting 1000 wasps in your face. I had to pay a pest controller £50 to sort it.
I've got two brown bins with wood off cuts in them for barbeques.  Today there was lots of wasps flying round them I noticed.  Perhaps they want the sawdust or something.  The missus has put onions in one of them (don't ask) but I doubt they are after onions.  I think they might be building something in the insulation under the tarpaulin.  Might have to send in the flies.
(19-06-2020, 22:49 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: I've got two brown bins with wood off cuts in them for barbeques.  Today there was lots of wasps flying round them I noticed.  Perhaps they want the sawdust or something.  The missus has put onions in one of them (don't ask) but I doubt they are after onions.  I think they might be building something in the insulation under the tarpaulin.  Might have to send in the flies.
They are probably using the sawdust to build a nest. They chew it up and mould it.
(19-06-2020, 22:44 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: The dogs do that all the time.  Well they did till I put down a fuck off concrete slab.  Now their shitting area has been severely restricted.  Luckily for them they have never had so many walks, post lockdown.
Nah, Man crap or no bueno.
(20-06-2020, 10:01 AM)ChrisGC Wrote: Nah, Man crap or no bueno.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk