First Class Away Grounds With Palace
(13-12-2019, 14:37 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: You've done more countries in your plane than everyone else mate.  Can't win em all Smile

That is true. 

Ironically one thing I absolutely  hate is travelling haha
(13-12-2019, 20:28 PM)The Groover Wrote: I managed to get to all 3 brighscum grounds. 

The funniest being Withdean.  We got 4 tickets and went by coach.  They dropped us at 6pm for a 7.45 and told us we had to go straight in.  Told my mates to watch me and follow.  There was an ambulance on our right as we walked to the ground.  I darted behind it and my mates followed.  Popped out the front end and immediately headed for the pub on the ground.  Of course no entry as it was ticket only no away fans. 

How we gonna get to a pub then?   Within seconds a taxi pulls up and 4 brighton get out.  Sweet.  We get in and say take us to the nearest pub we ain't gonna get bother mate we're palace.   He took us to the Innkeepers just up the road (now a miller and carter).  We asked him to come back at 7.20 which he duly did and dropped us off in the middle of half the brighton support!  Big Grin

That was an interesting walk to the ground.   When we got there it was ringed with old bill.  We walked up and asked a copper to let us though as we were Palace.  Queue lots of strange looks.  We showed our tickets and got in.  Big Grin

I got a free ticket for Bwigton and went to see their toilet ground. Never been to the other two
(13-12-2019, 22:56 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Smile

What's the.scariest ground you have ever been to?  St Andrews for me.  4 of us went up there in the nineties for a game.  We parked on this industrial estate somewhere near Digbeth.  Two of us had colours on.  Coming out we are walking back to the car and this rock lands between us.  Out of more hope than anything I said to my mate 'did you kick that?'  No he says.  We keep walking and get to this junction.  So close to the car.  Suddenly we hear all this 'Zulus'.  There was about 12 of them.  We made it to the car but it was touch and go.  We drove out of there like the old bill.  Haven't been back since.  It's like going back to the 70's visiting the Midlands.

QPR, I got thrown 20p at me, we were looked after by the old bill and I made it to the underground station and home. I wasn't scared but it was the first time I got thrown some stuff at me. I was not even wearing football colors
(13-12-2019, 22:56 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Smile

What's the.scariest ground you have ever been to?  St Andrews for me.  4 of us went up there in the nineties for a game.  We parked on this industrial estate somewhere near Digbeth.  Two of us had colours on.  Coming out we are walking back to the car and this rock lands between us.  Out of more hope than anything I said to my mate 'did you kick that?'  No he says.  We keep walking and get to this junction.  So close to the car.  Suddenly we hear all this 'Zulus'.  There was about 12 of them.  We made it to the car but it was touch and go.  We drove out of there like the old bill.  Haven't been back since.  It's like going back to the 70's visiting the Midlands.

Old Den was scary.

Fratton Park is always dodgy as well.
Ballot spoilers of the world unite.
(16-12-2019, 15:58 PM)Raggy Wrote: Old Den was scary.

Fratton Park is always dodgy as well.
Two very good calls Raggy I went to both regularly in the eighties.
Special mention to West Midlands police for very heavy handed cuntishness in the 80s/early 90s.
Richard Sole Wrote:Special mention to West Midlands police for very heavy handed cuntishness in the 80s/early 90s.

We always called them the WiMPs.

I can also recall saying that the serious crime squad in the west midlands were involved in most of the serious crime and then it came out that they were!!!

I can remember going to Walsall back in the 80's and a group of OB attacked us at half time for absolutely no reason.  They had cages up then and they were man handling a young lad that they had 'arrested' for absolutely no reason.  They started giving it the bigen saying come on then you want ya mate back.  Palace mobbed up and gave them a right kicking.  They exited stage right as fast as their scummy legs could get them out.

I can remember saying to my mate they are playing Chelsea in the cup next week fingers crossed they try it on with them.    They did and the result was several OB getting injured!  Serves the C units right.
(10-02-2020, 08:40 AM)The Groover Wrote: We always called them the WiMPs.

I can also recall saying that the serious crime squad in the west midlands were involved in most of the serious crime and then it came out that they were!!!

I can remember going to Walsall back in the 80's and a group of OB attacked us at half time for absolutely no reason.  They had cages up then and they were man handling a young lad that they had 'arrested' for absolutely no reason.  They started giving it the bigen saying come on then you want ya mate back.  Palace mobbed up and gave them a right kicking.  They exited stage right as fast as their scummy legs could get them out.

I can remember saying to my mate they are playing Chelsea in the cup next week fingers crossed they try it on with them.    They did and the result was several OB getting injured!  Serves the C units right.
I was there! A 0-0 draw at the start of our promotion season.Those were the days eh?
Richard Sole Wrote:I was there! A 0-0 draw at the start of our promotion season.Those were the days eh?

They just missed us as they piled into a group of young lads to our left.  I think they were a bit shocked when they got what they asked for!  Big Grin
That’s got to be one of the grounds ive been to.Do you remember the “stand” opposite us?
Was it called Bescott stadium?
(10-02-2020, 15:33 PM)Richard Sole Wrote: That’s got to be one of the grounds ive been to.Do you remember the “stand” opposite us?
Was it called Bescott stadium?
Worst grounds
Yes it was poor.  The new ground is better.
(10-12-2019, 23:40 PM)The Groover Wrote: By that I mean League grounds/National stadiums (at the time you went).

I managed to get a ticket for Spuds away last season which was my 120th top ground with Palace.  I've also seen Palace at loads of non league grounds.  In fact I first saw Collymore at Thurrock and said that he was going to be a top class striker.

Some of those trips have been midweek long distance games as well.  Hartlepool on a Wednesday!!  Same for Torquay/Exeter. 

I've been to all the grounds in the top 2 tiers (old and new grounds) so I now await cup draws for the League cup and FA cup hoping for an away game somewhere that I've not been.  Or a preseason friendly.

I should think that people like wizz have been to a lot more than that and I wonder if he has kept a record. 

Anyone else kept a record?
What happened to Robbie Tobin?he went to every bloody game! 
Fair play to you groover,that’s a helluva lot of grounds.