FUE Hair Transplants in Turkey Part 2 - The Return (of hair)
JBG have you shaved all yours off since having the transplant? Keltic was taking the piss in the pub at the weekend and I was wondering if it would come back less wiry if I shaved it all off for the summer. Well the Scottish summer anyway.
(29-04-2019, 21:59 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: JBG have you shaved all yours off since having the transplant?  Keltic was taking the piss in the pub at the weekend and I was wondering if it would come back less wiry if I shaved it all off for the summer.  Well the Scottish summer anyway.

Nope, but I have a number 1 around the back n sides. I think it will grow back the same as any other natural hair. I.e. curly grows back curly. When i first had it done I imagined I'd have hair like Duran Duran, but have to settle for looking like one of the guys from Hale and Pace. Still worth it though - as I could be looking like Uncle Fester if I hadn't had it done.
Reckon if you shave it off it will just look like a crop haircut but not bald
(29-04-2019, 22:11 PM)Johnybegood Wrote:
(29-04-2019, 21:59 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: JBG have you shaved all yours off since having the transplant?  Keltic was taking the piss in the pub at the weekend and I was wondering if it would come back less wiry if I shaved it all off for the summer.  Well the Scottish summer anyway.

Nope, but I have a number 1 around the back n sides. I think it will grow back the same as any other natural hair. I.e. curly grows back curly. When i first had it done I imagined I'd have hair like Duran Duran, but have to settle for looking like one of the guys from Hale and Pace. Still worth it though - as I could be looking like Uncle Fester if I hadn't had it done.
Reckon if you shave it off it will just look like a crop haircut but not bald
Big Grin  I might try it.  Just a bit worried they will have drawn a nob in my head or something.  I did make them drive out to the wrong airport then made them take me round cashpoints each day.
Quick update from ex slaphead,  seventeen months since I had the transplant, I don't think it's really going to thicken much more, although they did say it was a 2 year process.  I haven't seen that much progression recently anyway.   Anyway it is nice to have hair of sorts anyway.  Still a few grey ones that do whatever the fuck they want and grow like antennae, but most of them seem to mimic the rest now, which is a relief.  Probably would need a second one to be perfect, but since I can't really justify the expense of that on vanity it'll do like it is.

You missed it. Your summer was about a week ago.
(26-05-2019, 16:47 PM)Blind_Eagle Wrote: You missed it. Your summer was about a week ago.

I don't know how they have the nerve to call it summer really.
15 month update Smile still seems to be thickening slightly, they did say it was a 2 year process.  Crown still thin though.

Looks very good EE
(11-06-2019, 21:02 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: Looks very good EE

Cheers mate.  Definitely better than before.  I'd give it a 7 out of 10 because it isn't perfect like he promised.  I guess if I had a second one it would fill the other bits in, but I'm not that bothered about back there really.  Maybe if i get back into the matched betting I'll go back in a year or two.  Need to build the snooker room first though Smile
Latest update for any balding comrades interested. Think I miscounted last month so this is the 17th month update.  Only 7 more to go thank fuck Smile

Crown seems to be catching up finally.  Weird how it grows back.  Must be down to blood flow or something.  Anyway, hope its useful to someone.  A guy from Perth,  Australia is going there soon to have it done, after Colin on the BBS showed him the old thread.  The power of the internet eh.
Ah shit that's the same picture, not some 'spot the difference' test.

Looks very good EE, so when you having a number 1 haircut?

Hehe
(11-07-2019, 06:30 AM)Razorsedge Wrote: Looks very good EE, so when you having a number 1 haircut?

Hehe
Haha nearly today mate Smile Then I took 5 hours getting to Inverness and all the shops were shut.  Wouldn't mind having it short for the summer though.
elgin eagle Wrote:Haha nearly today mate Smile Then I took 5 hours getting to Inverness and all the shops were shut.  Wouldn't mind having it short for the summer though.

Short in summer makes sense but keep it long for now, plenty of shampoo is required Smile
(12-07-2019, 05:36 AM)Razorsedge Wrote: Short in summer makes sense but keep it long for now, plenty of shampoo is required Smile
This is true.  Feel like a swarthy Italian.  A swarthy fat Italian.  In London today, but not getting it cut here.  Far too expensive Smile
(12-07-2019, 12:26 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: This is true.  Feel like a swarthy Italian.  A swarthy fat Italian.  In London today, but not getting it cut here.  Far too expensive Smile

I pay over 12 pounds for the pleasure and I only got some hair in me back and sides........
(12-07-2019, 12:46 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: I pay over 12 pounds for the pleasure and I only got some hair in me back and sides........
Tenner is as high as I go.  I found someone who will do it for 9 but they aren't all that.
I bet Lewis Hamilton is getting treated in Turkey...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/95...l-shampoo/
(24-07-2019, 21:16 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: I bet Lewis Hamilton is getting treated in Turkey...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/95...l-shampoo/
I reckon he has.  He had similar hair to Andros before and after.