FUE Hair Transplants in Turkey Part 2 - The Return (of hair)
Been asked to continue to document this by another baldy who shall remain nameless  Wink

To recap, last February I travelled to Istanbul in Turkey and paid £1500 for 4700 grafts (@10000 permanent hairs) to be extracted painlessly from the sides and back of my head and then implanted on my chrome dome.  Much pisstaking followed as they proceeded to mostly fall out for the first three months following the OP.  However this is completely normal as the hairs all have a circle of life and the op had altered this cycle.

Anyway I was documenting all this in a sort of blog on cpfc.org and a couple of others subsequently also went over and had transplants done.  It's now 14 months since I had it done and these are the results.  Personally I would compare it to painting a wall once, it looks ok and much better than the wall did before, but really could do with a second coat.  Unfortunately you only have half a tin of paint left at the back of your head to finish the job, so need to get a good painter in to do it Smile  Anyway here are some pics, they said it was an 18 month process so I guess there may be some more thickening as each follicle can produce up to six hairs from it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You can show your whole face on here surely. Its your site you ugly cant
Did you type cant or c*nt you c*nt.

I don't want my beautiful features to take away from the subject matter, ie the hair.
Cant is more polite
I'm assuming that the top of you head was totally bald before?

So what is the difference in cost between Turkey and Britain?

Still laughing at the BBS... Especially Maz. Big Grin
Couldn't you have asked for at least a color change.
Grey hair implants WTF.
How much extra for color?
Next visit you'll come back a ranga.

This thread should go in the DIY section ee.
Faaaark me, you must be disappointed...………………….hehehehe.

Only joking, you look good for an old c*nt.
(23-04-2019, 11:23 AM)TheJudgelives Wrote: I'm assuming that the top of you head was totally bald before?

So what is the difference in cost between Turkey and Britain?

I had a few hanging on but it was fairly full slap head.  They said if id been slightly further gone they would have done the transplant in 2 stages, six months apart.  This is what Craig (pub idol) on here, had done.

Cost wise Turkey is cheaper than anywhere, there is 500 hair clinics in Istanbul alone, so prices are competitive, from a grand upwards.  In Britain for the same exact treatment it varies between 5k to 10k.  And the Turkish price includes transfers from and to the airport, plus 2 or 3 nights in a posh hotel.
(23-04-2019, 11:36 AM)Bones14 Wrote: Couldn't you have asked for at least a color change.
Grey hair implants WTF.
How much extra for color?
Next visit you'll come back a ranga.

This thread should go in the DIY section ee.
Faaaark me, you must be disappointed...………………….hehehehe.

Only joking, you look good for an old c*nt.

Haha i know mate, they took a lot of black ones but left a lot of greys, i guess they had to take some though.
Can they only take from the sides of the head or could they ahem harvest from any other parts of the body? I mean you could go on full Lionel Richie mode if you could ??‍♀️
Just being curious, I still have a full luxuriant growth myself, asking for a friend as it were.
Her lips said “No”
Her eyes said “Read my lips”
(23-04-2019, 12:29 PM)SgtStryker Wrote: Can they only take from the sides of the head or could they ahem harvest from any other parts of the body? I mean you could go on full Lionel Richie mode if you could ??‍♀️
Just being curious, I still have a full luxuriant growth myself, asking for a friend as it were.

I think they can take the follicles from anywhere, but the head hair ones are better quality and last forever as are the permanent hairs that we all keep most of until we die.  I think sometimes if you need a second one but dont have enough head hair left they use chest hair.  I dont think you'd want arse hair, for example.  Mind you i dont suppose they'd be all that keen to take them either.
So, do you have bald patches where they took it from?
Also, is there a danger that you could do a Rooney i.e. he's got a luscious, almost jungle-esque fringe which obviously got the full works but is now getting a proper Bird's nest at the back?
(23-04-2019, 14:04 PM)Percy the Prowler Wrote: So, do you have bald patches where they took it from?
Also, is there a danger that you could do a Rooney i.e. he's got a luscious, almost jungle-esque fringe which obviously got the full works but is now getting a proper Bird's nest at the back?

Elgins looks like a birds nest all over  Big Grin
(23-04-2019, 14:04 PM)Percy the Prowler Wrote: So, do you have bald patches where they took it from?

No bald patches, but like Rooney, they decinitely put more in at the front than at the crown.  Whether that is so you go back for a second lot, i couldnt say.  Keltic is a cheeky cant, but he does have a point.  I look like a white Don King after a round of windy golf.  Whether a more expensive place would have done a tidier job, is also hard to say.  Its a bit of a factory operation, pick you up, take you to hotel, pick you up in morning, take you to clinic, take you back, take you back in in the morning to get the bandages off, then take you to airport, and pick up the next baldy.  For what i paid though im well happy.  At my age youre not expecting miracles and people say i look well younger than 50 now.  Maybe as low as 48.
Hello chaps Smile

The thatch is looking good Elgs, if not a tad wiry. Have you tried a thickening shampoo? In my late teens and early twenties but my hair decided to depart from my scalp, I used to use it and it did work IIRC.
(23-04-2019, 09:41 AM)Keltic Eagle Wrote: Cant is more polite

But less appropriate. Cool

Elgin has more stars after his name than hairs on his head.
(24-04-2019, 08:27 AM)andyocpfc Wrote: Hello chaps Smile

The thatch is looking good Elgs, if not a tad wiry. Have you tried a thickening shampoo? In my late teens and early twenties but my hair decided to depart from my scalp, I used to use it and it did work IIRC.

It is pretty wiry to be fair still mate, although they did say that happens sometimes.  I had some of the turkish stuff left in the flat which seems to soften it a bit.  If i gel it it sorts it out a bit as well, albeit like a 1930's gangster.
(23-04-2019, 09:17 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: Been asked to continue to document this by another baldy who shall remain nameless  Wink

To recap, last February I travelled to Istanbul in Turkey and paid £1500 for 4700 grafts (@10000 permanent hairs) to be extracted painlessly from the sides and back of my head and then implanted on my chrome dome.  Much pisstaking followed as they proceeded to mostly fall out for the first three months following the OP.  However this is completely normal as the hairs all have a circle of life and the op had altered this cycle.

Anyway I was documenting all this in a sort of blog on cpfc.org and a couple of others subsequently also went over and had transplants done.  It's now 14 months since I had it done and these are the results.  Personally I would compare it to painting a wall once, it looks ok and much better than the wall did before, but really could do with a second coat.  Unfortunately you only have half a tin of paint left at the back of your head to finish the job, so need to get a good painter in to do it Smile  Anyway here are some pics, they said it was an 18 month process so I guess there may be some more thickening as each follicle can produce up to six hairs from it.

Blimey that looks great Elgin. As an FUEr myself I know the hair is not as dense as non FUEd hair but if you dont mind it looking a bit thin in the wind and rain you now have a full head of your own natural hair....and at 1/6th of the price I paid!!...
Cheers Johnny, yeah if i had the money i think i would get my donor area ravaged again and have it perfect up there, but to be honest there is enough up there now to not really be too bothered.  More keen to get my mancave built now and get into some snooker and darts with my neighbour.

This site is full on 1970's isnt it  Big Grin
(25-04-2019, 22:17 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Cheers Johnny, yeah if i had the money i think i would get my donor area ravaged again and have it perfect up there, but to be honest there is enough up there now to not really be too bothered.  More keen to get my mancave built now and get into some snooker and darts with my neighbour.

This site is full on 1970's isnt it  Big Grin

Yep like you i am done with the modelling career, man caves in splendid isolation are the future  Big Grin
I like my Kojak look......just saying lol