Everton
I fancy us to get something from this one.  Everton have to have the worst support in the league these days, and a lunchtime kick off wont help that any.  Hopefully we get back to our counter attacking best and help erase the memory of the previous 2 games against Southampton and Sheffield United.  We don't want to be 'that' team that gets dragged into things at the last moment after a decent start following another shit transfer window.
Roy's made a positive substitution!..........

Yes I admit it. That's never been said
Everton are a strange side - a real Jekyll & Hyde if you like. On their day they look pretty good, and they are still enjoying a bit of the "new manager bounce", but for most of the season they have looked distinctly average. I would have expected the pre-Christmas Palace to easily take at least a point if not all three from this one.

That said, I'd expected so much more from our showing yesterday. The team had a decent rest to recover from their gruelling festive season schedule, some of our key players were back from injury, and yet after being in charge for most of the game, the minute they conceded a (freak) goal, their heads dropped and we never looked like getting back into the game. Confidence seems at an all time low rght now.

So - a lot will depend on whether the squad can bounce back and start to have a bit of confidence in their abilities. And we need to go at Everton from the first minute. Not just because we need to be a lot more adventurous - but if we score first at least we'll have a bit of a cushion if Everton equalise and our game falls apart again...

Finding it a bit hard to be positive right now - the next 3 games are crucial: they could either see us recover after a bad stumble, or get dragged into a real relegation dogfight.

Oh and Roy, please please don't start Benteke. He was (a bit) better yesterday, but he just ambles around and more often than not goes missing in the box. He's being paid north of £100k a week to score goals, and his half-arsed attitude is never going to deliver.

Put Ayew in the centre there, play Wilf and Andros down the wings and thell them to put balls into the box. Jordan may not be the most gifted of players, but at least he puts himself around and makes the effort. And sometimes, effort is rewarded.
I just hope our confidence is shot to pieces after the shocker on Saturday. Still undecided whether to go and will probably make a late decision.
(02-02-2020, 21:19 PM)Nth Kent Eagle Wrote: I just hope our confidence is shot to pieces after the shocker on Saturday. Still undecided whether to go and will probably make a late decision.
If you do go, let me know mate.  Like you I'm also undecided but looking at the seat planner It looks unlikely to sell out.
We’re going to get mullered.
(02-02-2020, 22:21 PM)ChrisGC Wrote: We’re going to get mullered.
If Roy is indeed leaving i fear you might be right.  Hopefully its just twitter talk.
Don't think I'm going to bother going to this one.  If the owners can't be bothered to fund the manager then they don't deserve our cash.
Hmm, not as confident as when I started this.  Hopefully we can find a goalscorer from the 115 million pound wage bill.

I've heard of not changing a winning side but a losing one!

I don't think McCarthy is up to the job but I hope I'm wrong.  He has something to prove today so fingers crossed that Gee's him up.
(08-02-2020, 12:13 PM)The Groover Wrote: I've heard of not changing a winning side but a losing one!

I don't think McCarthy is up to the job but I hope I'm wrong.  He has something to prove today so fingers crossed that Gee's him up.
Well that was a predictably crap and toothless half wasn't it.  I know we are never going to overload them but Wilf is wasted out wide.  Get him alongside Benteke and bring Townsend on.
A lot of huff and puff but no blow
Dont know why we didn't  get pen for foul on wilf. Need changes
WHY PLAY LUKA?!?!?!?!? HE’S FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!
(08-02-2020, 14:12 PM)ChrisGC Wrote: WHY PLAY LUKA?!?!?!?!? HE’S FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!
Because hes older than Jairo or max?
We’re down.
Poor defending for goal one and three.
I didn't expect to get anything today but we better remember how to win soon. We only need a couple of wins and a couple of draws FFS.
Goodbye European Union. Goodbye Jeremy. Goodbye Nick. Jerk-It
(08-02-2020, 14:28 PM)Talons Wrote: Poor defending for goal one and three.
I didn't expect to get anything today but we better remember how to win soon. We only need a couple of wins and a couple of draws FFS.
We’re down.
(08-02-2020, 14:28 PM)Talons Wrote: Poor defending for goal one and three.
The Newcastle game is massive now isn't it.  There's a chance for 3 points there.  Crazy given the first half of the season but if you stand still you go backwards.  Guess who said that.
(08-02-2020, 14:40 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: The Newcastle game is massive now isn't it.  There's a chance for 3 points there.  Crazy given the first half of the season but if you stand still you go backwards.  Guess who said that.
Me.
Goodbye European Union. Goodbye Jeremy. Goodbye Nick. Jerk-It