Eurovision 'song' Contest
Anybody going to watch it?   I may watch a bit but not for 3 hours 40 minutes.  Me and the missus usually bet on who will get the most points, Russia or the UK.  Normally I lose, but we couldn't play for the last couple of years due to propaganda.  Should be nice to return to losing ways tonight.  Starts at 8pm.
Me wife has it in which means I have to pretend I am watching it. She was pretending to watch football earlier on so I shouldn't moan...

Can't see UK winning but normally this means a lot to scandanivan countries I am told they vote tactically so not really fussed who wins as long as there are some lovely looking women to look at.....
(18-05-2019, 20:28 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: Me wife has it in which means I have to pretend I am watching it. She was pretending to watch football earlier on so I shouldn't moan...

Can't see UK winning but normally this means a lot to scandanivan countries I am told they vote tactically so not really fussed who wins as long as there are some lovely looking women to look at.....

There usually is.  Got to laugh at the political running order.  Some shit never changes.  Looks like another defeat unless the UK has a song for a change.
We always get voted down, as no one likes us, so I would think we will get 0 points again
(18-05-2019, 21:03 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: We always get voted down, as no one likes us, so I would think we will get 0 points again

Looks like fashionable Netherlands and Sweden so far.  Russia being the bad guy threat the idiots can boo.  Still 14 more to go though.
Crap, like every year.
What the flying feck was that. Jesus we waste so much money on talent shown can't we send one decent act to this stupid event....
(18-05-2019, 21:30 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: What the flying feck was that. Jesus we waste so much money on talent shown can't we send one decent act to this stupid event....

It's almost like we do it on purpose so we don't have to shell out for an expensive venue to host it the following year.  

If he was living his dream I'd hate to see his nightmare.
(18-05-2019, 21:12 PM)elgin eagle Wrote:
(18-05-2019, 21:03 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: We always get voted down, as no one likes us, so I would think we will get 0 points again

Looks like fashionable Netherlands and Sweden so far.  Russia being the bad guy threat the idiots can boo.  Still 14 more to go though.

That was actually funny.  Iceland should have won for their Palestine flags though.  Probably outside being shot right about now.
I missed that one as I finally went to bed. Just reading on BBC, apparently two of Maddonas backup dancers displayed Palestinian flags too. Haha

Well the Dutch won, Russia came third and we are the strongest in Europe again (holding the table up by being last)
(19-05-2019, 05:25 AM)Razorsedge Wrote: I missed that one as I finally went to bed. Just reading on BBC, apparently two of Maddonas backup dancers displayed Palestinian flags too. Haha

Well the Dutch won, Russia came third and we are the strongest in Europe again (holding the table up by being last)

Yeah another win for Mrs EE.  Madonna was actually worse than some of the other eurovision songs, and that's saying something.  I was out in the kitchen having a beer so I didn't have to listen to it so missed those flags.  The highlights for me were:

The UK getting 3 points in the public vote
Germany getting fuck all in the public vote
Russia getting 300 points in the public vote
Iceland holding up the free Palestine flags
The Swedish blokes face at the end

Most of the rest was just shit though and it even went on longer than 3 hours 40 minutes even though I didn't think that was possible.
The staging was excellent but the presenters were terrible and what a mess of middle part while waiting for the results.
(19-05-2019, 09:34 AM)Langers Wrote: The staging was excellent but the presenters were terrible and what a mess of middle part while waiting for the results.

Yeah that bit was never ending wasn't it.  Well it was all never ending really but that bit was particularly annoying.  I think they should have a sniper in the crowd taking out anyone who says 'this is about the music'.  What fucking music.
(19-05-2019, 00:06 AM)elgin eagle Wrote:
(18-05-2019, 21:12 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Looks like fashionable Netherlands and Sweden so far.  Russia being the bad guy threat the idiots can boo.  Still 14 more to go though.

That was actually funny.  Iceland should have won for their Palestine flags though.  Probably outside being shot right about now.

They should have won for their Frozen Slimming World range.
Angel 
What the fuck are we (Aussies) doing in this ridiculous charade.
Since when have we been a part of Europe. I've said it before and I'll say it again...……………….don't invite us as its got nothing to do with us.
Cant make it in Australia, but hopefully someone in Malta might buy my album...………………………...pathetic. Another one of lifes winners trying to get famous. Do me a favor and fuck off to another country ya bloody wannabe.
(20-05-2019, 10:56 AM)Bones14 Wrote: What the fuck are we (Aussies) doing in this ridiculous charade.
Since when have we been a part of Europe. I've said it before and I'll say it again...……………….don't invite us as its got nothing to do with us.
Cant make it in Australia, but hopefully someone in Malta might buy my album...………………………...pathetic. Another one of lifes winners trying to get famous. Do me a favor and fuck off to another country ya bloody wannabe.

Israel are not part of Europe either so why are they in European football? Turkey only has 1/8th of their landmass in Europe but at least it is a toe. It all nonsense.
You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.