European Super League?
I know they've been trying to engineer this for a while, but it seems like coronavirus has accelerated the super rich clubs desire to make this a reality.

Let them go I reckon.
Yes just let them fuck off. They already have the golden goose in the EPL, but they still want more.

I think it would backfire horribly on them anyway. Football is tribal and built on communities. People go to games for the atmosphere and banter as much as anything. These things might be slowly declining in importance, but they are still the bedrock of the English game. So how appealing will Arsenal v Spartak Moscow be on a Tuesday night with no away fans? Might look a bit drab when Palace v Brighton and West Ham v Chelsea are taking place on the same day in the domestic league.
Ballot spoilers of the world unite.
(21-10-2020, 19:03 PM)Raggy Wrote: Yes just let them fuck off. They already have the golden goose in the EPL, but they still want more.

I think it would backfire horribly on them anyway. Football is tribal and built on communities. People go to games for the atmosphere and banter as much as anything.  These things might be slowly declining in importance, but they are still the bedrock of the English game. So how appealing will Arsenal v Spartak Moscow be on a Tuesday night with no away fans? Might look a bit drab when Palace v Brighton and West Ham v Chelsea are taking place on the same day in the domestic league.

Totally agree.  They couldn't give a shit if smaller clubs go to the wall or not.  All they care about is maximising their global appeal. I guess it will happen one day anyway.
It will be the death of football. 

Supporters need a target and getting to the top and the odd trip to Europe is just that.

Look what happens when it becomes common place.  i.e. Man cities attendances.

With a European super league supporters will soon get bored with the same old same old every week.   After all they are not going to have relegation are they with the chance that Man utd could get kicked out for wolves.  And what would be the incentive to try every week once you can't win it?   If you come in the top 4 do you go into the super super cup?
(22-10-2020, 19:02 PM)The Groover Wrote: It will be the death of football. 

Supporters need a target and getting to the top and the odd trip to Europe is just that.

Look what happens when it becomes common place.  i.e. Man cities attendances.

With a European super league supporters will soon get bored with the same old same old every week.   After all they are not going to have relegation are they with the chance that Man utd could get kicked out for wolves.  And what would be the incentive to try every week once you can't win it?   If you come in the top 4 do you go into the super super cup?
Its a good question isn't it.  If say, Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal and Spurs fucked off the Premier League along with every other top side in Europe it would affect every league wouldnt it.
Nice response here:

https://thefsa.org.uk/our-work/european-super-league/