Electric bike hybrid thingys
(02-07-2019, 09:23 AM)Keltic Eagle Wrote: You need to be pedalling for the electric motor to 'assist'. As soon as you stop pedalling you hear the motor cut out. It works really well though as part of my route is a steep climb on a footpath through a place called bluebell woods. Half way up I switched the battery off and ground to a halt straight away as was in too high a gear. Also I was following a guy the other day on a similar bike but bot electric. Once I managed to get past him I disapeared into the distance. 

By law in the UK the electric part can only work up to 15mph. In Europe I believe it is 22mph.

https://youtu.be/ipERBeqkYVc
This may give you an idea or google carerra vengeance ebike. This is the one I have.

Ah, so it is an assistance motor. That's cool, especially for hills. Smile
My Palace blog and podcast can be found at South London and Proud.
(02-07-2019, 12:01 PM)Swedish Expat Eagle Wrote: Ah, so it is an assistance motor. That's cool, especially for hills. Smile
 Yep. I swear by it as I live at the top of a 2 mile climbing gradient
(02-07-2019, 14:38 PM)Keltic Eagle Wrote:  Yep. I swear by it as I live at the top of a 2 mile climbing gradient

Sweden is very hilly too so that has always dissuaded me from cycling. I'll look into an electric bike now. Smile
My Palace blog and podcast can be found at South London and Proud.