EU Should Deny Brexit Extension And Heed British Public
Wouldn't it be ironic if the EU were the ones to finally enact the 'will of the British people' and force us out of the EU by not offering an extension? That would mean an 'undemocratic' organisation has enacted democracy. Smile

https://sputniknews.com/analysis/2019102...-minister/

* Yes, I read a Moscow based Russian news website (in English) as part of my daily news briefing.
"All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players.
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts."

- William Shakespeare's As You Like it (Act 2, Scene 7)
(25-10-2019, 07:27 AM)The Expat Eagle Wrote: Wouldn't it be ironic if the EU were the ones to finally enact the 'will of the British people' and force us out of the EU by not offering an extension? That would mean an 'undemocratic' organisation has enacted democracy. Smile

* Yes, I read a Moscow based Russian news website (in English) as part of my daily news briefing.

Macron is already unhappy and I won't be surprised if they say, go and whistle Smile 
Imagine that
(25-10-2019, 07:27 AM)The Expat Eagle Wrote: Wouldn't it be ironic if the EU were the ones to finally enact the 'will of the British people' and force us out of the EU by not offering an extension? That would mean an 'undemocratic' organisation has enacted democracy. Smile

It will cost them too much money.

Rodney Atkinson says that the public will stage revolt against the country’s political establishment when it discovers what the deal is concealing.
Quote:"The Withdrawal Agreement is full of danger. It means the payment of billions of pounds, continued restrictions of UK trade with the rest of the world, continuing control by EU law, a dangerous surrender of our defence and security interests and absolutely no guarantee of an EU trade agreement. When the British people see what this non-Brexit means there will be another massive revolt against the British political establishment", said Rodney Atkinson.

Johnson probably thought he could call everybody's bluff.  He's failed.
(25-10-2019, 07:35 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: It will cost them too much money.

Rodney Atkinson says that the public will stage revolt against the country’s political establishment when it discovers what the deal is concealing.

Johnson probably thought he could call everybody's bluff.  He's failed.

Taking back control, the Tory way Smile

You can't make this sh!t up anymore haha
So many people in Parliament are confusing the transition period with life after exiting from the EU.

It's pretty frustrating hearing the two sides argue on the radio with remainers claiming something and totally rejecting it when they are told they are wrong and that they are quoting the transition period during 2020. During that time we will be (in effect) in the EU still and have no say in the rules but that is understandable.

We have a year to negotiate a trade deal which isn't impossible because we are currently perfectly aligned to the EU so no rules to have to adapt to. However remainers claim we will need as much time as Canada needs. This is simply not true.

Yeah, if we can't negotiate a deal then we leave with a different deal called WTO which is an internationally agreed deal. The terms 'no deal' and 'crash out' are both deceiving the voters.

(25-10-2019, 18:40 PM)The Expat Eagle Wrote: So many people in Parliament are confusing the transition period with life after exiting from the EU.

It's pretty frustrating hearing the two sides argue on the radio with remainers claiming something and totally rejecting it when they are told they are wrong and that they are quoting the transition period during 2020. During that time we will be (in effect) in the EU still and have no say in the rules but that is understandable.

We have a year to negotiate a trade deal which isn't impossible because we are currently perfectly aligned to the EU so no rules to have to adapt to. However remainers claim we will need as much time as Canada needs. This is simply not true.

Yeah, if we can't negotiate a deal then we leave with a different deal called WTO which is an internationally agreed deal. The terms 'no deal' and 'crash out' are both deceiving the voters.
Off the top of me head, the 40% tariff on exported lamb will kill of the industry. I'm sure other tariffs will be detrimental elsewhere. Fuck knows what no deal will do across the Irish Border.
Don't take our country back, take it forwards.
(25-10-2019, 19:25 PM)Yuri Gagarin Wrote: Off the top of me head, the 40% tariff on exported lamb will kill of the industry. I'm sure other tariffs will be detrimental elsewhere. Fuck knows what no deal will do across the Irish Border.

But my point is 'no deal' is still a deal. WTO is a standard deal. I didn't say it was good or bad. Before the EU we had New Zealand lamb so... But I don't eat lamb. Smile

(25-10-2019, 20:03 PM)The Expat Eagle Wrote: But my point is 'no deal' is still a deal. WTO is a standard deal. I didn't say it was good or bad. Before the EU we had New Zealand lamb so... But I don't eat lamb. Smile
The concept of deal or no deal is a construct of remain.
This is the withdrawal of a treaty, with the unobligated negotiation of a framework outlining the legal text of a potential replacement.
Until the remainer majority of MPs took "no deal" off the table that is... What they've actually done is enshrined remain by proxy in law and it's a complete fucking disgrace.
We have remained. A general election will act as a second referendum and the winning team will either remain proper or repeal the Benn act and leave the EU. 

Labour know this and coward Corbyn is shitting his pants in fear. A GE will roll around eventually, and then both Labour and the Tories are going to get hammered.
(25-10-2019, 21:39 PM)ChrisGC Wrote: The concept of deal or no deal is a construct of remain.
This is the withdrawal of a treaty, with the unobligated negotiation of a framework outlining the legal text of a potential replacement.
Until the remainer majority of MPs took "no deal" off the table that is... What they've actually done is enshrined remain by proxy in law and it's a complete fucking disgrace.
We have remained. A general election will act as a second referendum and the winning team will either remain proper or repeal the Benn act and leave the EU. 

Labour know this and coward Corbyn is shitting his pants in fear. A GE will roll around eventually, and then both Labour and the Tories are going to get hammered.
Hammered by all these people wot say they'll never ever vote again?
(25-10-2019, 23:05 PM)Yuri Gagarin Wrote: Hammered by all these people wot say they'll never ever vote again?
I'm not voting again. Most others are angry and determined.

You're in for the biggest shock of all. Corbyn and Labour are finished.
(27-10-2019, 11:25 AM)ChrisGC Wrote: I'm not voting again. Most others are angry and determined.

You're in for the biggest shock of all. Corbyn and Labour are finished.
Heard that last time too