Domestic Abusers
Just had one of these scumbags on my train (and not in an Eddie Izzard type of way).  

Being really aggressive to his woman travelling companion, who I suspect was trying to get away but who he caught up with at the station.  Unfortunately for him all on CCTV.  Anyway I phoned the btp from the phone in the cab and they are attending.  I've finished now but hope he gets lifted.  No excuse for shit like that.  I know it takes two to tango and all that but if he can behave like that in public it makes you wonder what he thinks is acceptable behind closed doors.  I grew up in a house where mental abuse was considered the norm, so maybe find it one of the more scummish human traits.

Obviously you cant just wade in and give him a slap, but just wondered what the other comrades thought.
Up to her to walk away mate, all the intervention in the world won't work if she won't take the first step. Every sympathy for her, bullies usually target the vulnerable so she might feel trapped.

That said, this can be a two way street. My brother in law was married to a right wrongun and she used to try and punch him about, but she was only a slip of a girl and he was quite big so we never took it seriously. It was fucking hilarious to be honest  andwe all used to take the piss out of him. In the end she tried to stab him! Crazy. We all felt bad for ribbing him after that. She didn't do any time mind you, and you've got to think if the boot was on the other foot...
True mate.  I'm sure coppers and ambulancemen see it all the time, but I guess mostly behind closed doors.  As you say it goes both ways sometimes.  I suppose it is down to her but if someone is controlling it can wear you down, and victims become too scared to do anything I guess.  These cowards I can only compare to certain BBS scum moderators and posters, just shithead bullies at the end of the day.
I was in Weston Super Mare a few years ago and a woman was battering her fella. Some blokes passing actually had a go at the bloke who was restraining her. Poor bloke. It does happen both ways.
Maybe she didn't like having to live in Weston super mare?

Weston super night-mare.

I'm all seriousness it does work both ways.  Not acceptable whichever sex is doing it though.  Makes you wonder what it's like behind the front door though.
I got no time for wife beaters, wankers the lot of them
What was he actually doing?

The term 'really aggressive' covers a lot of bases.

I think a couple can shout at each other without the need for others to get involved, but if it was physical that is a different matter.
(10-11-2019, 09:08 AM)Raggy Wrote: What was he actually doing?

The term 'really aggressive' covers a lot of bases.

I think a couple can shout at each other without the need for others to get involved, but if it was physical that is a different matter.
I couldn't see what he was actually doing as I was driving the train, but I could certainly hear it as they were right behind me.  I came out to get a cup of tea halfway down, and the trolley girl told me that it was proper aggressive mannerisms as well.  So definitely no excusing it.  Other passengers moved away as well.  I noticed the train was a few minutes stopped later on, so hopefully he received some education from the coppers.
(10-11-2019, 13:26 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: I couldn't see what he was actually doing as I was driving the train, but I could certainly hear it as they were right behind me.  I came out to get a cup of tea halfway down, and the trolley girl told me that it was proper aggressive mannerisms as well.  So definitely no excusing it.  Other passengers moved away as well.  I noticed the train was a few minutes stopped later on, so hopefully he received some education from the coppers.
 Fair enough. I was forgetting you are actually in a position of responsibility on a train, unlike most of us. Sounds like you did the right thing Elgin.
(11-11-2019, 05:49 AM)Raggy Wrote:  Fair enough. I was forgetting you are actually in a position of responsibility on a train, unlike most of us. Sounds like you did the right thing Elgin.
Cheers mate.  At the time I wasn't 100% sure, but I thought it best to let the BTP decide.  We've all had shouting matches with our other half's at some point I'm sure.  But this did sound a bit more than that.
(11-11-2019, 08:08 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: Cheers mate.  At the time I wasn't 100% sure, but I thought it best to let the BTP decide.  We've all had shouting matches with our other half's at some point I'm sure.  But this did sound a bit more than that.

If in doubt, call the Police. I would
(11-11-2019, 08:14 AM)Razorsedge Wrote: If in doubt, call the Police. I would
Yeah.  On a selfish level I knew it would make the train, and therefore me, late home if I called them, but I thought it might give her a better weekend.  Equally I might have made it 10 times worse I suppose Smile Hard to know with these things isn't it.
(11-11-2019, 08:21 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: Yeah.  On a selfish level I knew it would make the train, and therefore me, late home if I called them, but I thought it might give her a better weekend.  Equally I might have made it 10 times worse I suppose Smile Hard to know with these things isn't it.
It could be they both turn on you for interfering....who knows?
(11-11-2019, 11:06 AM)Lombardo\s Hair Wrote: It could be they both turn on you for interfering....who knows?
Yeah, bit of a minefield really.  My thinking was 'let the coppers decide'.  I was reporting on what I had been told, and heard myself.  I must admit I nearly didn't bother.  But if nobody bothers does the clown start to think it's acceptable behaviour?  Who knows.
(11-11-2019, 11:06 AM)Lombardo\s Hair Wrote: It could be they both turn on you for interfering....who knows?

That is the risk and the reason most of us don't step in when we see a couple arguing.
(11-11-2019, 11:56 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: Yeah, bit of a minefield really.  My thinking was 'let the coppers decide'.  I was reporting on what I had been told, and heard myself.  I must admit I nearly didn't bother.  But if nobody bothers does the clown start to think it's acceptable behaviour?  Who knows.

Sometimes you have to be a bit selfish with these things. I am guessing that if something really bad happened you could have been held partially responsible if you hadn't alerted the authorities.
(12-11-2019, 17:57 PM)Raggy Wrote: Sometimes you have to be a bit selfish with these things. I am guessing that if something really bad happened you could have been held partially responsible if you hadn't alerted the authorities.
Yeah true, they were sat right behind me to be honest.  Weirdly enough I have a voicemail from the btp on my phone asking me to call them.  I phoned back but there was no answer.  Maybe there is some update.
(12-11-2019, 18:19 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Yeah true, they were sat right behind me to be honest.  Weirdly enough I have a voicemail from the btp on my phone asking me to call them.  I phoned back but there was no answer.  Maybe there is some update.

Yes they want a statement and find out what you witnessed and all that good stuff Smile
(12-11-2019, 19:29 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: Yes they want a statement and find out what you witnessed and all that good stuff Smile
After about 10 attempts calling them back I finally got the cleaner Smile Left a message for someone to call me back.
(14-11-2019, 12:25 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: After about 10 attempts calling them back I finally got the cleaner Smile Left a message for someone to call me back.

Ring 101 and that is a better option than the number you have for BTP