Coronavirus
(23-02-2021, 20:59 PM)The Groover Wrote: OK I said it was on the BBC.  I'll dig it out.  I have a stinking headache at the moment so off to bed

Did you have the astra zeneca jab Groover?  Apparently there is a big boycott of it happening in Europe, with people questioning the efficacy of it, and over a million of it stacking up out there.  I was more worried about the Pfizer one, but it seems there is big concerns about the Oxford one.  Give me Sputnik 5 I say.
(22-02-2021, 19:45 PM)The Groover Wrote: If you look back though the thread I posted about this a number of times. 

Its to do with how many fuckwits are in certain areas.    East London had a lot.  They all get it, pass it on to their families.  The older ones end up in hospital (12 out of 15 floors in Royal London devoted to covid patients).  Once all the fuckwits have had it, and yes herd immunity takes hold, then the rest who follow the guidance don't get it.  That's why this and other areas showed a massive surge in cases followed by a massive surge in hospitalisations and then deaths.  This is followed by an off the cliff drop in case numbers. 

All this has happened.  Not just in East London but in all other places with a high percentage of IQlite.

BTW.  I'm now at 15 months without having had a cold.  I work in different hospitals every working day of the week.   Which are full of sick people.  But masks don't work...……...

Maybe this proves that despite your continued efforts to turn what seems to be a very serious flu into the bubonic bloody plague, that for the vast majority of us ie >99.5%, which includes YOU, aren't really at risk whether we wear a piece of cloth (how many are genuinely replaced daily/ever cleaned!?) over our face or not? 

I'm with 'Raggy'.
No one has had the flu this year. I mean literally no-one, I am not kidding

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/healt...05124.html
Ballot spoilers of the world unite.
elgin eagle Wrote:Did you have the astra zeneca jab Groover?  Apparently there is a big boycott of it happening in Europe, with people questioning the efficacy of it, and over a million of it stacking up out there.  I was more worried about the Pfizer one, but it seems there is big concerns about the Oxford one.  Give me Sputnik 5 I say.

I did, but the Europe situation is because the top politicians bad mouthed it.  Mainly because it British Dodgy   Backfired on them when the scientists confirmed that its the preferred one.
Raggy Wrote:No one has had the flu this year. I mean literally no-one, I am not kidding 

But masks and vaccines don't work...…….
(Yesterday, 19:14 PM)Raggy Wrote: No one has had the flu this year. I mean literally no-one, I am not kidding 

Something else the MSM seem to have ignored today. The list grows.
(Yesterday, 20:38 PM)The Groover Wrote: But masks and vaccines don't work...…….

Not entirely, but re-branding appears to be 100% effective..
(Yesterday, 20:38 PM)The Groover Wrote: But masks and vaccines don't work...…….

?
When did anyone say that masks don't work? 
Or vaccines for that matter.
We didn't discuss the effectiveness of vaccines.
There was a discussion about whether people, particularly those with medical backgrounds, should be allowed to express their views about vaccines. You felt they should be prosecuted. 

The established medical view is that masks are only partially effective in preventing transmissions. As we all know, numerous people don't wear masks or wear them incorrectly. Many people ignore lockdown restrictions entirely. In this light, a 100% reduction in flu cases is an astonishing statistic, isn't it?
Ballot spoilers of the world unite.
Sorry for the delay.  I've had an infection that caused an awful headache and increased my BP to dangerous levels.  On the mend now.

This is the piece its long but a very interesting watch.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-56047409
Raggy Wrote:?
There was a discussion about whether people, particularly those with medical backgrounds, should be allowed to express their views about vaccines. You felt they should be prosecuted. 

The established medical view is that masks are only partially effective in preventing transmissions. As we all know, numerous people don't wear masks or wear them incorrectly. Many people ignore lockdown restrictions entirely. In this light, a 100% reduction in flu cases is an astonishing statistic, isn't it?

The uptake of the flu vaccine this year is the highest ever across all ages.  Remember kids get a nasal spray.  Add that to the mask and SD rules and you can easily see why flu has been almost irradicated.
(Yesterday, 19:14 PM)Raggy Wrote: No one has had the flu this year. I mean literally no-one, I am not kidding 

That's really amazing isn't it.  Has coronavirus killed the flu?  I mean they are both h1n1 viruses I think.  Is that why they were able to develop coronavirus vaccines so easily and quickly?  That article raises more questions than answers doesn't it.  Hopefully it doesn't mean continued mask use and flight restrictions even when other restrictions are lifted soon.
(Yesterday, 20:25 PM)The Groover Wrote: I did, but the Europe situation is because the top politicians bad mouthed it.  Mainly because it British Dodgy   Backfired on them when the scientists confirmed that its the preferred one.

I think the Germans said they wouldn't give it to the over 60's and people wondered why and now it is filling up shelves as a result of everyone refusing it.  Political by the Germans because they want everyone to have Pfizer you think? Maybe we did something similar with a story about the Pfizer one needing to be stored at minus 70? The murky world of big business eh. Makes you think. Nobody in the west is advocating Sputnik 5 I notice. Maybe they already smeared that one enough with WhatsApp memes.
Raggy Wrote:?

Sorry, thought I had replied to this but in my addled state probably forgot to click post.  I didn't mean people on here.  I meant people in general on FB and twitter etc. 

Someone that says vaccines will make you sterile or kill you is not a 'view' its lies. 

It depends on which type of mask you use. 

Cloth - minimal protection to others, zip for you.
3rd party mask - Better but still average.
Blue theatre mask - reasonable protection to you, good to others.  If its worn correctly.
FFP2 - Excellent for all but needs glasses or googles for the wearer to be fully effective.
FFP3 - top notch but needs glasses or googles for the wearer to be fully effective