Coronavirus
(Yesterday, 09:19 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: 'Once?' Smile  I thought they were going for no deal to guarantee maximum damage and pain to the economy.  Grab some popcorn I reckon, before we realise it isn't made in the UK anymore Big Grin
Lol yup I got me popcorn ready 

Fuckwittery is coming home to roost
(Yesterday, 12:05 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: Lol yup I got me popcorn ready 

Fuckwittery is coming home to roost

Amazing that we will probably look back at these times as the good ones.
http://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-se...y-12042000

Sent from my XQ-AD51 using Tapatalk
(Yesterday, 15:43 PM)Holmesdale Monkey Nuts Wrote: http://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-se...y-12042000

Sent from my XQ-AD51 using Tapatalk
Especially with fuckwittery like this on display.  I thought Morrison's had fucked up yesterday with my cheap breakfast.  Turns out we aren't staying home and protecting the NHS anymore.  Instead we are being encouraged to protect the economy, enticed out for cheap food and damn the consequences of infecting all the old people in there.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/get-a-discou...out-scheme

Make your fucking mind up.  Either it's safe or it isn't.
elgin eagle Wrote:Especially with fuckwittery like this on display.  I thought Morrison's had fucked up yesterday with my cheap breakfast.  Turns out we aren't staying home and protecting the NHS anymore.  Instead we are being encouraged to protect the economy, enticed out for cheap food and damn the consequences of infecting all the old people in there.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/get-a-discou...out-scheme

Make your fucking mind up.  Either it's safe or it isn't.

If you sit in your group with 2m distance between tables in should be OK.  You should walk in or queue with a mask on.  Remove it to eat (if eating in) then put it back on when you leave.  

I've been having to do this shit since March.  I've eaten in countless hospital restaurants which lets face it are probably the most likely place to pick it up.  The issue is the can't be arsed selfish fuckers that never wear a mask under any circumstances. 

Me, the wife and the family are booked for two restaurants already.
(Yesterday, 16:09 PM)The Groover Wrote: If you sit in your group with 2m distance between tables in should be OK.  You should walk in or queue with a mask on.  Remove it to eat (if eating in) then put it back on when you leave.  

I've been having to do this shit since March.  I've eaten in countless hospital restaurants which lets face it are probably the most likely place to pick it up.  The issue is the can't be arsed selfish fuckers that never wear a mask under any circumstances. 

That is where the problem lies.
(Yesterday, 16:09 PM)The Groover Wrote: If you sit in your group with 2m distance between tables in should be OK.  You should walk in or queue with a mask on.  Remove it to eat (if eating in) then put it back on when you leave.  

Maybe if you can wolf it down and get in and out quick you'll be ok.  The face cloth is pointless imo, any germs will be in the atmosphere from everyone sitting in there for ages drinking and having a natter.  Let's face it, the germ doesn't discriminate and definitely will spread where people congregate indoors.  Look how long it took to get the infection rate down last time.
(Yesterday, 18:04 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: That is where the problem lies.
No it isn’t. The face mask is absolutely pointless. It’s like trying to catch flies with a chain link fence. Fresh studies out over the last couple of days prove they actually do more harm than good.

Before anyone starts, I wear one just so I don’t give all the sheeple heart attacks and so as to avoid unnecessary confrontation. I’m considerate like that.
Must admit, I'm with Chris when it comes to wearing bits of cloth.    We have to wear them around the station but as soon as I'm in the cab with the recirculated 30 year old air conditioning in the sealed air tomb of a train I take it off as it's totally pointless and possibly counter productive due to the amount of times you unnecessarily touch your face whilst wearing one.  Not a fan.
(Yesterday, 20:30 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Must admit, I'm with Chris when it comes to wearing bits of cloth.    We have to wear them around the station but as soon as I'm in the cab with the recirculated 30 year old air conditioning in the sealed air tomb of a train I take it off as it's totally pointless and possibly counter productive due to the amount of times you unnecessarily touch your face whilst wearing one.  Not a fan.
I wear mine changing ends and walking around the stations to set an example , Hardly fair to expect the punters to wear them if you don't , They work to a degree and with hand washing , enhanced cleaning of cabs and carriages etc , it all helps reduce the spread a little .
Mrs Racehorse's antibody test showed she hasn't any Covid-19 antibodies present in her blood .
Spain had 8.5k positive cases over the weekend alone , UK doing okay but cases rising .
More now on furlough payments since the lockdown was eased than during it and most individuals/employers ignoring Boris's orders for workers to return to the office rather than work from home . No logic for them to do so if they are more productive and saving money on travel costs etc .

City centres in particular are suffering badly and public transport revenues are well down on normal ( can you imagine the downward pressure on the next rail franchise bids ) , Don't think train travel in London will ever return to the pre- covid-19 levels and the service industries/shops in city centres that cater for office workers will struggle for customers .
Property will definitely see a serious downturn at the end of the year IMO as the dole queues lengthen .
Country living and spacial settings are going to become more popular with the growth in working from home .
Covid-19 is quietly causing a revolution in work practices and work environments .