Conspiracy Theories
(11-08-2019, 17:44 PM)Yuri Gagarin Wrote: Bloody money borrowers.

It helps to pay your debts on time.....
(11-08-2019, 18:45 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: I agree.
I wonder how many times we will get Moss, Friend, Pawson, Marriner and Taylor this season.
Theories going round that he’s been spirited away to Israel and he was working for Mossad.
If I don’t post again and I’m found hanging from a door knob with an INXS album up my arse you’ll know what’s what lol
Apparently, Epstein kept a secret diary meticulously detailing his business relationships with all his famous friends.

I hope whoever is currently sitting on this diary has taken out good life insurance.
Likely just a suicide.  He'd tried and failed before.  Something like suicide is difficult, forensically to stage.  If you're going to kill someone, the best options tend to be framing as an accident, random attack or crime gone wrong.  Sucides and clear planned homicides attract too much forensic attention.

You want something the family can 'buy into'.  Something like a prison rape gone wrong, racist murder, nonce killing won't get to much questioning, plus you can find a lot of people who are violent, capable of horrific acts, and spending life without the possibility of parole etc who'd be more than happy to see their family on the outside taken care of (or a well funded appeal).

The first group, those who have family outside who need looking after - they're your best bet (ie you know who their kids are and where they live - so it also keeps the conspirator quiet).

If you've got money, and some legal contacts who are shady, then its probably a lot easier and cheaper to find someone who will kill someone in prison.

Staging a suicide means buying off a lot of people, and attracting a lot of attention (plus chances are that the autospy reports on a high profile suicide will end up being sold to the media, or being requested by the family etc).  Pathologists are quite difficult to corrupt, because they're professional doctors and often research fellows (seriously, ever wonder why a qualified doctor decides to work with dead bodies - 1) it pays well 2) it publishes well you can get loads of research work on the side).

A good old fashioned shower shanking over sex is probably the order of the day for silencing people in prison.  Its likely a family won't ask too many questions because they don't want to find out that their dad's final days were spent being pimped out for packs of cigerettes in the shower block.
Surely if someone is paid to do the dirty, then the protagonist has a much bigger problem on their hands. Namely, a murderer who can very easily blurt out that they were paid to do it, and grass on who paid them????

Surely this is why faked suicides are a crime staple? Or am I missing something here.....
(12-08-2019, 16:06 PM)jamiemartin721 Wrote: Likely just a suicide.  He'd tried and failed before.  Something like suicide is difficult, forensically to stage.  If you're going to kill someone, the best options tend to be framing as an accident, random attack or crime gone wrong.  Sucides and clear planned homicides attract too much forensic attention.

You want something the family can 'buy into'.  Something like a prison rape gone wrong, racist murder, nonce killing won't get to much questioning, plus you can find a lot of people who are violent, capable of horrific acts, and spending life without the possibility of parole etc who'd be more than happy to see their family on the outside taken care of (or a well funded appeal).

The first group, those who have family outside who need looking after - they're your best bet (ie you know who their kids are and where they live - so it also keeps the conspirator quiet).

If you've got money, and some legal contacts who are shady, then its probably a lot easier and cheaper to find someone who will kill someone in prison.

Staging a suicide means buying off a lot of people, and attracting a lot of attention (plus chances are that the autospy reports on a high profile suicide will end up being sold to the media, or being requested by the family etc).  Pathologists are quite difficult to corrupt, because they're professional doctors and often research fellows (seriously, ever wonder why a qualified doctor decides to work with dead bodies - 1) it pays well 2) it publishes well you can get loads of research work on the side).

A good old fashioned shower shanking over sex is probably the order of the day for silencing people in prison.  Its likely a family won't ask too many questions because they don't want to find out that their dad's final days were spent being pimped out for packs of cigerettes in the shower block.
How about some combination of the three?  Random attack sounds good.  Planned attack sounds better though. Surely laying them on the tracks afterwards would make most people assume suicide.

Loved the final paragraph too.  Not sure if it was suicide or not in this case but he sounds like a wrong 'un anyway.
(13-08-2019, 16:54 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: How about some combination of the three?  Random attack sounds good.  Planned attack sounds better though. Surely laying them on the tracks afterwards would make most people assume suicide.

Loved the final paragraph too.  Not sure if it was suicide or not in this case but he sounds like a wrong 'un anyway.

Agree