Conspiracy Theories
(04-07-2019, 18:13 PM)Richard Sole Wrote: Can’t do links but google “Vatican audience hall” wtf?!

I just watched a video on youtube, apparently it is a snakes head.....some people just need to chill
Catholicism is big on symbolism. But I am pretty sure the snake wasn't one of the good guys in the Bible.

If there is a rational explanation for the audience hall design I would love to hear it.
i didn't think the building from outside looked like an snakehead.......I mean the inside with the position of Windows and pillars made it look like a snakes mouth but the head I just couldn't see it Sad
You can’t see the eyes as well?
Technology clearly isn't my thing. I've been trying to post a pic of the Hall of Doom from Superfriends.
(05-07-2019, 10:10 AM)Antichrist Wrote: Technology clearly isn't my thing.  I've been trying to post a pic of the Hall of Doom from Superfriends.

[Image: latest?cb=20080307200826]
If you get the image from Google you have to click on it and choose 'open image in New tab' first.  Then copy that link and post it in the new image box.

[Image: latest?cb=20080307200826]

What the fuck is it anyway?
Awwww, i learnt something today....

Well feck knows what that is, but it is something AC likes....
I thought it bore a resemblance to that vatican thingy. It was the secret headquarters of Lex Luthor and pals in a 70s cartoon. Never mind, as you were.
(05-07-2019, 16:00 PM)Antichrist Wrote: I thought it bore a resemblance to that vatican thingy.  It was the secret headquarters of Lex Luthor and pals in a 70s cartoon.  Never mind, as you were.

Yes it makes sense now. Sorry not in the same wavelength Sad
(05-07-2019, 16:00 PM)Antichrist Wrote: I thought it bore a resemblance to that vatican thingy.  It was the secret headquarters of Lex Luthor and pals in a 70s cartoon.  Never mind, as you were.
Both look evil lol

Biggest conspiracies ever ? The warren commission (JFK) and the official 911 investigation , oh wait they’re the theories they tell us so must be true.
Does anybody seriously think that rich and powerful people don’t conspire to cover up crimes they’ve commited?
If some one has posted this already, appologies.......the best conspiracy theory I like is 'Flat earth theory'

This makes me laugh, the lengths people go to prove it....
That’s where puncheons pen v spurs went ! Over the edge never to be seen again lol
The Libyan bloke accused of Lockerbie protested his innocence to his deathbed didn't he.  Does that count?
Another fit up by the Security Services

Look up Gadaffis quote ( paraphrasing) “ if you get rid of me Europe will turn brown”
All these things are planned .
Clearly the whole conspiracy theories thing has got out of hand with mass social media, and there really are some truely ludicrous theories being spouted out there. If you look at something hard enough and add a bit of personal anxiety to it then you can make anything fit and sound plausible. How do you think religions exist? Most of the popular religions are built on the most batshit crazy stories ever and yet...

In saying that, I am not one to ridicule instantly a conspiracy without initially giving it some credence. I do fear that the term ‘conspiracy theory’ and the multitude of crazy ones plays right into authority figures hands when they want to cover up their own misdemeanours by simply labelling any accusations as ‘conspiracy theories’ with a chuckle.

This is no baring on the whole Brexit debate, but the most recent example was in the 2015 General Election when Nick Clegg and Nigel Farage were debating the EU. Farage mentioned the possibility of a European army and Clegg dismissed it as conspiracy nonsense like the moon landing hoax etc... It didn’t take long for Farage’s claims to be proven.

History is littered with ‘conspiracy theories’ that were deemed laughable at the time but barred out to be true. The problem now is that there are so many crackpot theories that it’s easy just to lump them all into the looney bin - which plays right into a scurrilous authorities hands.
(05-07-2019, 21:32 PM)Richard Sole Wrote: That’s where puncheons pen v spurs went ! Over the edge never to be seen again lol

Lol, now if flat earthers wanted proof, that is it Smile
I predict baby Archie will shift shape into a lizard prematurely, eating his mum, dad, cousins, Uncle and Auntie and Charlie and so leaving Beatrice and her stupid hats as the heir apparent. You heard it here first.
Bubbs, I like it
(06-07-2019, 04:24 AM)Bubbs11 Wrote: Clearly the whole conspiracy theories thing has got out of hand with mass social media, and there really are some truely ludicrous theories being spouted out there.  If you look at something hard enough and add a bit of personal anxiety to it then you can make anything fit and sound plausible.  How do you think religions exist?  Most of the popular religions are built on the most batshit crazy stories ever and yet...

In saying that, I am not one to ridicule instantly a conspiracy without initially giving it some credence.  I do fear that the term ‘conspiracy theory’ and the multitude of crazy ones plays right into authority figures hands when they want to cover up their own misdemeanours by simply labelling any accusations as ‘conspiracy theories’ with a chuckle.

This is no baring on the whole Brexit debate, but the most recent example was in the 2015 General Election when Nick Clegg and Nigel Farage were debating the EU.  Farage mentioned the possibility of a European army and Clegg dismissed it as conspiracy nonsense like the moon landing hoax etc... It didn’t take long for Farage’s claims to be proven. 

History is littered with ‘conspiracy theories’ that were deemed laughable at the time but barred out to be true.  The problem now is that there are so many crackpot theories that it’s easy just to lump them all into the looney bin - which plays right into a scurrilous authorities hands.
I agree with most of this.

Perhaps one of the best conspiracy theories is how the term 'conspiracy theory' has been successfully turned into a joke that provokes ridicule and shuts down debate. As you say there are plenty of examples that were subsequently proven to be true, and probably plenty more that will be proven true in time.