Chelski Team And Tactics
OK.  Here we go.  This won't happen but it should.

I think PVA needs a break. He was so poor on Sunday.  Made a string of mistakes poor judgement and the flick on resulted in the first goal.  Until then we were looking OK.

I would give Schlupp a go.  Guaita was superb.  Jimmymacs back went.  You don't come back from that quickly so I think he's out.
Meyer looked rusty.

………………………………….Guaita

Ward...………..Tomkins...…………...Cahill...…………...Schlupp

…………...McCarthy……………..Milo...………...Kouyate

Townsend...………………….Ayew………………………..Wilf
I think PVA will keep his place as we will need his pace on the counter.
Can't see Schlupp in a back 4, so I guess PvA stays in the starting XI, even though I agree that defensively he's a real liability at the moment.

Unfortunately I can see Schlupp keeping his place in the side as well, when he has also been less than stellar of late. 

These two really are cut from the same cloth  - when they're good, they're very good but when they're off form they are absolute toilet.
I think we should throw someone like Luke Dreher in.  We don't give youth enough chance.  If Jimmy Mac is out with his back as looks possible, I'd like to see us throw Chelsea a curveball.  Meyer looked predictably rusty from all his splinters, Camarasa was ignored again and Benteke was just Benteke.

https://fypfanzine.uk/interviews/7108-lu...tal-palace

We have to muddle through strikerless again until January at least, but that's nothing new.  I guess Roy will pick the strongest spine he can, but PvA must give him palpitations sometimes.

Expecting another difficult game, but maybe with it being a half 12 kick off we can catch them cold and not up for it.
Feck chelski, I hate them
Chelsea cannot keep a clean sheet and are shipping goals so the thought process should be that if we keep a clean sheet we can win this, easy.

They press high and successfully and have excellent pace and in form strikers. Part of me thinks that typical Hodgsonball is perfect for this match, but the other part feels we've got to react to the fact that there's no pace in midfield, our full backs are dog shit (although Ward has been ok recently) and Luka has been dire.

Meyer doesn't have the strength for this division which is a shame. PVA doesn't defend anyway and Ward can be turned so why not just call them wing backs and chuck another CB in the middle?

VG
Tommo Cahill Sakho
Ward Kouyate The Spanish lad PVA
Zaha Ayew Schlupp/Townsend if fit
3-4-3, Kouyate screening.
(05-11-2019, 08:46 AM)ChrisGC Wrote: Chelsea cannot keep a clean sheet and are shipping goals so the thought process should be that if we keep a clean sheet we can win this, easy.

They press high and successfully and have excellent pace and in form strikers. Part of me thinks that typical Hodgsonball is perfect for this match, but the other part feels we've got to react to the fact that there's no pace in midfield, our full backs are dog shit (although Ward has been ok recently) and Luka has been dire.

Meyer doesn't have the strength for this division which is a shame. PVA doesn't defend anyway and Ward can be turned so why not just call them wing backs and chuck another CB in the middle?

VG
Tommo Cahill Sakho
Ward Kouyate The Spanish lad PVA
Zaha Ayew Schlupp/Townsend if fit
3-4-3, Kouyate screening.
Even if you just gave pva the licence to go forward and told ward to concentrate on the defensive side that might work.  Sakho makes me just as nervous though.  Cahill really was an excellent signing wasn't he.
Is Sakho going to be fit for Saturday, then? I thought he was still a way off being ready. Either way, he's going to be so rusty I wouldn't fancy throwing him in against Chelsea...
(05-11-2019, 14:34 PM)HonorOakBloke Wrote: Is Sakho going to be fit for Saturday, then? I thought he was still a way off being ready. Either way, he's going to be so rusty I wouldn't fancy throwing him in against Chelsea...
Me either.  I'd rather play Kelly than Salvo.  Maybe Ward could go left back and tomkins right back?  Mind you that might be changing too much.  Cahill and Kelly make quite a good CB partnership I think.
Sakho and luke dreyer are both injured.
Maybe cash in on Sakho in January? The other lads have more than proved their worth,plus get Cahills contract extended for a year.
(05-11-2019, 14:34 PM)HonorOakBloke Wrote: Is Sakho going to be fit for Saturday, then? I thought he was still a way off being ready. Either way, he's going to be so rusty I wouldn't fancy throwing him in against Chelsea...
Kelly or Dann then. They're all about the same level of mediocre.
(05-11-2019, 19:40 PM)The Groover Wrote: Sakho and luke dreyer are both injured.
Luke Dreher has had a lot of injuries.  Hopefully getting them out the way early.  Sakho has known knee issues hasn't he. If we could sell him I agree with Richard. Wouldn't be the worst business decision.
(05-11-2019, 21:01 PM)ChrisGC Wrote: Kelly or Dann then. They're all about the same level of mediocre.
Kelly has been the best of the Damn/Tomkins/Kelly triumverate. 
I'm more worried about PVA, he's been shocking. That said, every time I say that, he pops up with a goal.

He won't now!
Don't take our country back, take it forwards.
PVA is either great or dogshite there seems to be nothing in between.

When I see someone play as poorly as he did on Sunday I start to think they have been nobbled.  I hope not.  The amount they are paid it would be disgusting if that were true.
(06-11-2019, 09:35 AM)The Groover Wrote: PVA is either great or dogshite there seems to be nothing in between.

When I see someone play as poorly as he did on Sunday I start to think they have been nobbled.  I hope not.  The amount they are paid it would be disgusting if that were true.
He does have some amazing variances in form.  Remember Bristol City away in the cup when we lost 4-1.  That back pass.
I know these threads are to voice opinion and put forward ideas but we all kid ourselves if we think that barring suspension or injury the same 11 will not start that started v Leics. The tactics will be the same as for the past 11 games with fingers crossed Chelsea are crap in front of goal and we snatch a goal or two
There will be no surprises. No camarasa no Meyer no youth no change.itsca bit like watching season 9 of the Walking Dead. Dreary.
(06-11-2019, 17:06 PM)Lombardo\s Hair Wrote: I know these threads are to voice opinion and put forward ideas but we all kid ourselves if we think that barring suspension or injury the same 11 will not start that started v Leics. The tactics will be the same as for the past 11 games with fingers crossed Chelsea are crap in front of goal and we snatch a goal or two
There will be no surprises. No camarasa no Meyer no youth  no change.itsca bit like watching season 9 of the Walking Dead. Dreary.
Totally agree. It's nice to kid ourselves though.
The tactics keep us up and provide points to survive which is fine.
The question is. When are we going to employ tactics that implement a more attacking style?
The answer is. Not while Roy is here.
I've no problem with survival mode, but we need to evolve, not remain stagnant.
(09-11-2019, 02:07 AM)Bones14 Wrote: The tactics keep us up and provide points to survive which is fine.
The question is. When are we going to employ tactics that implement a more attacking style?
The answer is. Not while Roy is here.
I've no problem with survival mode, but we need to evolve, not remain stagnant.
Correct.