Chelsea (Home) Tuesday 1800
How do we see this one going then?  More of the same or a performance?  I have a feeling we will play better than of late but still lose.
(06-07-2020, 17:12 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: How do we see this one going then?  More of the same or a performance?  I have a feeling we will play better than of late but still lose.
An easy Chelsea win.
My son supports Chelsea so it will be a long night. Rolleyes
Goodbye European Union. Goodbye Jeremy. Goodbye Nick. Jerk-It
Surely we can't turn in yet another awful performance?

Thing is, even with a big improvement we'll be hard pressed to get anything out of this.

I'd be happy at this stage just to see signs that the team actually gives a shit about their performance enough to give Chelsea a bit of a game.

I'm already prepared to be disappointed.
I wish Roy would try to be a bit more adventurous with his squad selection and at least pick one less dmf. We really need to be ruthless in the close season with who goes and who we get in but will we open the purse strings?!

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
(06-07-2020, 18:15 PM)HonorOakBloke Wrote: Surely we can't turn in yet another awful performance?

Thing is, even with a big improvement we'll be hard pressed to get anything out of this.

I'd be happy at this stage just to see signs that the team actually gives a shit about their performance enough to give Chelsea a bit of a game.

If they can't pick themselves up tomorrow then they should start looking for a new club and Roy should pick players who will try their best.

(06-07-2020, 18:26 PM)Holmesdale Monkey Nuts Wrote: I wish Roy would try to be a bit more adventurous with his squad selection and at least pick one less dmf. We really need to be ruthless in the close season with who goes and who we get in but will we open the purse strings?!

One less DMF? I sense Roy would be happy to see Wilf go so he can add one.......I am joking. I don't think he'd be happy to see Wilf go. But when he does......
I would prefer to see 2 DM's and meyer down the centre.

It wont happen but we can hope.

I think this will be more embarrassment for the red and blue faithful.
Any halfway sensible manager:

“Their defence and keeper are shaky as fuck and they haven’t got a single clue how to defend a corner- hit em on the break, use wingers and win corners”. (Practice set pieces relentlessly in training).

Hodgson:
“Let’s do exactly what we did the last three matches and hope we only lose by one or two, maybe sneak a draw”.
(06-07-2020, 22:20 PM)ChrisGC Wrote: Any halfway sensible manager:

“Their defence and keeper are shaky as fuck and they haven’t got a single clue how to defend a corner- hit em on the break, use wingers and win corners”. (Practice set pieces relentlessly in training).

Hodgson:
“Let’s do exactly what we did the last three matches and hope we only lose by one or two, maybe sneak a draw”.
Is it true that we haven't actually scored from 150 corners, breaking the previous record?  I'd actually bring in Coppell to help out with set pieces.  I know it was a long time ago but we used to be such a threat from corners.  Now it's almost like we might as well just pass it to their defenders and have done with it.
Our throw ins are rubbish too. Never seem to know what to do, take so long thinking about them the opposition mark all options. Be interesting to know how many times we lose possession after throw in.

Used to have long throws years ago
(06-07-2020, 18:15 PM)HonorOakBloke Wrote: I'd be happy at this stage just to see signs that the team actually gives a shit about their performance enough to give Chelsea a bit of a game.

Me too. Don't mind losing if we give it our all. Or even 75 percent would do tbh
Looks like Chelsea will be wearing pyjama tops tonight
(07-07-2020, 14:01 PM)Billypalace Wrote: Looks like Chelsea will be wearing pyjama tops tonight
Smile

They could probably set the alarm for half seven and still win.
(07-07-2020, 14:26 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Smile

They could probably set the alarm for half seven and still win.
Big Grin Wink Smile
Just paid my 9.99 to watch us lose.

Have to say the now TV picture is pretty good
http://hmoa.co/lp/436194

Gonna miss the first half, gotta take the missus for a haircut, prob for the best our first halves have been nearly as bad as our second halvesWink
That’s Immigration sorted. It didn’t take long.
You wanted it.
You voted for it.
This government gets it done.
(06-07-2020, 18:15 PM)HonorOakBloke Wrote: Surely we can't turn in yet another awful performance?

Id be happy to see wilf take someone on for a change, as well as not take an age to make the wrong pass, as well as for him not to turn back on himself and alway pass the ball backwards.
You wanted it.
You voted for it.
CRYSTAL PALACE TEAM NEWS

Team to play Chelsea: Guaita, Ward, van Aanholt, Dann, Cahill, McArthur, Kouyate, Milivojevic, Zaha, Ayew, Benteke.

Subs: Hennessey, Meyer, Townsend, Sakho, McCarthy, Woods, Mitchell, Pierrick, Riedewald.
You wanted it.
You voted for it.
Hoping pierrick gets a go.

Not sure about kouyate starting.

But let's see. Go Palace