Chelsea Away (3/10, 1230)
(03-10-2020, 13:29 PM)Lombardo\s Hair Wrote: Good prediction. I'm  sure you meant palace are shite Sleepy .
No, I stand by that. Fat Frank staring down the barrel, cannot coach defending, just had 3 put past them by WBA (ffs) the new signings proving to be average at best, so they were there for the taking. Anyone else changes a losing team, looks at that and has a fucking go. Not Uncle Roy though. It’s do the same thing as last week and hope for a different result like the insane old bastard he is.
(03-10-2020, 13:36 PM)Talons Wrote: Same old from us.

Sakho three mistakes. He has to go.

We have nothing up front and no creativity in the centre midfield. Nothing has changed from last season. This was just another game we did not try to win.

Sign a striker, a centre half and a creative centre mid' this window pleeeease.
Spot on. Imagine playing a team with one of the notoriously shaky defences in the league and not even trying to take the game to them? There’s no tactical awareness, it’s just a one size fits all approach: play for nil nil and pray for a chance on the break. It’s negative, dog shit, loser mentality stuff.
(03-10-2020, 13:38 PM)ChrisGC Wrote: No, I stand by that. Fat Frank staring down the barrel, cannot coach defending, just had 3 put past them by WBA (ffs) the new signings proving to be average at best, so they were there for the taking. Anyone else changes a losing team, looks at that and has a fucking go. Not Uncle Roy though. It’s do the same thing as last week and hope for a different result like the insane old bastard he is.
I agree with with you.It doesn't matter who we sign. The tactics remain the same.  Why not bring on CB at 0 2? No lets just freshen up the DMs. I thought I saw a change in approach v  United and Saints and was prepared to eat humble pie. But its looking all far too familiar again. I thought we were terrible at SB last season. This underpasses it.
(03-10-2020, 13:08 PM)Lombardo\s Hair Wrote: Two holding midfielders replacing 2 holding midfielders. I was slowly giving Roy benefit of doubt this season...but nah

Today is the day I finally lost faith in Roy.

Ridiculous subs, the sort you make when 2-0 up not 2-0 down.
Ballot spoilers of the world unite.
Well let's hope Everton cheer us up a smidgen......
Disappointing and flattered Chelsea , Decent squad under performing makes it more painful to watch , No fire in their bellies and that's not right .
(03-10-2020, 14:18 PM)Racehorse-80s Wrote: Disappointing and flattered Chelsea , Decent squad under performing makes it more painful to watch , No fire in their bellies and that's not right .
True. Chelsea did f all. But it was a lot more than we did. We are so passive against so many teams. The exception being at OT this season. I thought we werecseeing a change in Roys approach. Its so boring. To go out to be hard to beat and get thumped without a shot on target. I would say it is unusual...but it isn't is it.
I glimmer of a smile watching Brighton.
(28-09-2020, 08:16 AM)ChrisGC Wrote: This should be easy, 4-0 Palace. They’re shite!
Close
(03-10-2020, 15:59 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Close
I’ve had time to calm down, reflect and assess things in a measured way and conclude:

Hodgson Out.
2 -0 down was the perfect time to bring Meyer on.
Ballot spoilers of the world unite.
(03-10-2020, 21:15 PM)ChrisGC Wrote: I’ve had time to calm down, reflect and assess things in a measured way and conclude:

Hodgson Out.
Who would you replace him with Chris?
Goodbye European Union. Goodbye Jeremy. Goodbye Nick. Jerk-It
(03-10-2020, 21:15 PM)ChrisGC Wrote: I’ve had time to calm down, reflect and assess things in a measured way and conclude:

Hodgson Out.
The subs were pretty bizarre I agree.  But the same side near enough just beat Southampton and Man United.  I would also ask who is better out there and why?  In fact that question should be asked whenever anyone suggests X or Y out.

That said I am always reluctant to replace managers, especially proven good ones.
(04-10-2020, 14:47 PM)Talons Wrote: Who would you replace him with Chris?
A compostable co-op bag filled with my own shit with a sad face crudely scrawled on it. Team selection would be done by water cannon fired into the players, and in each round of 11 the last man standing gets a starting place. The only substitute of the match would be the keeper for my lovable, although half deaf/blind 11 year old Staffordshire bull terrier on exactly 78 minutes. Training would be unrelenting laps until someone passed out with exhaustion whilst Zed from Police academy shouted encouragement over the tannoy. Not a football in sight.
The tactics board would read: “DEAR GOD, JUST GIVE IT TO ZAHA LADS (and try not to embarrass yourselves too much)” splashed across both the board and changing room wall in a mix of excrement, vomit and human blood.

I wager results would instantly improve.
(04-10-2020, 18:11 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: The subs were pretty bizarre I agree.  But the same side near enough just beat Southampton and Man United.  I would also ask who is better out there and why?  In fact that question should be asked whenever anyone suggests X or Y out.

That said I am always reluctant to replace managers, especially proven good ones.
Agreed. So you’ll have no issue with Hodgson getting the boot instantly?
ChrisGC Wrote:Agreed. So you’ll have no issue with Hodgson getting the boot instantly?
Who would you replace him with?  Recently relegated Eddie Howe?

I'm with Talons on this.  Replace him when he dies.
(04-10-2020, 22:48 PM)ChrisGC Wrote: A compostable co-op bag filled with my own shit with a sad face crudely scrawled on it. Team selection would be done by water cannon fired into the players, and in each round of 11 the last man standing gets a starting place. The only substitute of the match would be the keeper for my lovable, although half deaf/blind 11 year old Staffordshire bull terrier on exactly 78 minutes. Training would be unrelenting laps until someone passed out with exhaustion whilst Zed from Police academy shouted encouragement over the tannoy. Not a football in sight.
The tactics board would read: “DEAR GOD, JUST GIVE IT TO ZAHA LADS (and try not to embarrass yourselves too much)” splashed across both the board and changing room wall in a mix of excrement, vomit and human blood.

I wager results would instantly improve.
Big Grin

I  can't see any world class manager coming to Selhurst Park unless we have ambitions way beyond the current situation. Roy is predictable and sometimes frustrating but he has been a safe pair of hands.
Personally, I want to see players coming in, not more instability. We lose Roy and we also lose Ray Lewington. That would be a big mistake I feel.
Goodbye European Union. Goodbye Jeremy. Goodbye Nick. Jerk-It