Can You See US....... GOING DOWN
Would like to know peoples thoughts?

I think we are in trouble
(15-02-2021, 12:54 PM)1905ALIVE Wrote: Would like to know peoples thoughts?

I think we are in trouble
If we don't start getting points then obviously yes. You need around 36 to stay up most seasons and on current form that is going to be a struggle.
Goodbye European Union. Goodbye Jeremy. Goodbye Nick. Jerk-It
(15-02-2021, 13:01 PM)Talons Wrote: If we don't start getting points then obviously yes. You need around 36 to stay up most seasons and on current form that is going to be a struggle.

I think the Wolves and Newcastle wins were vital.  I would not have been confident of staying up with only 23 points on the board and Wilf out with so many others.  I think we'll scrape through but the summer is massive.
I’ve still not written WBA off yet (big Sam effect), let alone Fulham. I think we’re in danger of getting pipped at the post, final game of the season stuff.
Not this season, but next season - yes.
Ballot spoilers of the world unite.
(15-02-2021, 19:39 PM)ChrisGC Wrote: I’ve still not written WBA off yet (big Sam effect), let alone Fulham. I think we’re in danger of getting pipped at the post, final game of the season stuff.

Look at the run in.  If we need a couple of points to be safe it could be horrible.

Monday, 22th: Brighton & Hove Albion (A) 2000
Sunday, 28th: Fulham (H) 1200
[b]March[/b]
Saturday, 6th: Tottenham Hotspur (A)
Saturday, 13th: West Bromwich Albion (H)
Saturday, 20th: Manchester United (H)
[b]April[/b]
Saturday, 3rd: Everton (A)
Saturday, 10th: Chelsea (H)
Saturday, 17th: Southampton (A)
Saturday, 24th: Leicester City (A)
[b]May[/b]
Saturday, 1st: Manchester City (H)
Saturday, 8th: Sheffield United (A)
8pm, Wednesday, 12th: Aston Villa (H)
Saturday, 15th: Arsenal (H)
Sunday, 23rd: Liverpool (A)

So pleased we have 29 and not 23.  As Raggy says, next season we could be Sheffield United.
https://mobile.twitter.com/gazbod/status...3589010196

Eek
The Fulham express is gathering momentum. The Palace Titanic has sighted an iceberg
Lombardo's Hair Wrote:The Fulham express is gathering momentum. The Palace Titanic has sighted an iceberg

Yep.  Unless we get something Monday.  Saturdays game suddenly looks very important.  A win for foolham would put them 4 points behind us with a better GD!!!!
I am concerned, a couple of months ago, we were mid table and looking like a side, that could move up a few rows, 
never in the dizzy heights of to four, but a nice 6 - 8 would of been nice

But now, with every fixture, i look and think, thats another loss, and im sorry to say, i wouldnt be surprised on Monday night, another loss, and if we do lose, i believe a slide down the table is inevitable 

My concern, is with who Sir Woy picks, as if he puts Benteke in the starting lineup, i wont even fire up the TV

Hes a fat bugger, cant seem to run, does nothing, cant pass a ball, cant score, defends not to badly,  it might just be me, but thats what i see, so for the life of me, why is he ever picked for the starting team ????

Surely Palace must have some youngsters who could out perform this dinosaur,  as this is what Palace are about, and well known for the younger players to come though

I would like to add, before i get flamed, this is my opinion, in what ive seen so far in the Palace matches
steve m Wrote:I am concerned, a couple of months ago, we were mid table and looking like a side, that could move up a few rows, 
never in the dizzy heights of to four, but a nice 6 - 8 would of been nice

But now, with every fixture, i look and think, thats another loss, and im sorry to say, i wouldnt be surprised on Monday night, another loss, and if we do lose, i believe a slide down the table is inevitable 

My concern, is with who Sir Woy picks, as if he puts Benteke in the starting lineup, i wont even fire up the TV

Hes a fat bugger, cant seem to run, does nothing, cant pass a ball, cant score, defends not to badly,  it might just be me, but thats what i see, so for the life of me, why is he ever picked for the starting team ????

Surely Palace must have some youngsters who could out perform this dinosaur,  as this is what Palace are about, and well known for the younger players to come though

I would like to add, before i get flamed, this is my opinion, in what ive seen so far in the Palace matches

I agree.  I also think that James McCarthy is poor and that we have really missed Jimmy Mac.

Without him the centre mid position looks weak.  Riedweld tries but has Luka next to him who has had one good game in 10. 

The injuries have disrupted us for sure with all the changes but I can't for the life of me think why PVA gets in every week as well.  He was moved into left mid for 45 minutes and then taken off.  He then gets the LB position back again and is just as poor.

So for me I despair when I see:  Benteke, PVA, James Mccarthy and luka.    

Other than that its all rosy...………..
(20-02-2021, 23:20 PM)The Groover Wrote: Yep.  Unless we get something Monday.  Saturdays game suddenly looks very important.  A win for foolham would put them 4 points behind us with a better GD!!!!

We need a relegation calculator.  Its typical Palace to create a relegation prospect when a boring mid table finish looked nailed on.  Was really hoping Sheffield United could have done everyone a favour tonight.  At least Newcastle are as pants as we are.
With SU losing last night, its pretty well game over for them, and i cant see how they can even go up one place let alone three to avoid the drop

So theres only two more places to fill with two poor teams, and the way we are playing, and losing, i doubt we will be very far from the bottom
Every season a team drops like a stone into the relegation zone.  This season I thought that the 3 at the bottom were done but fulham's resurgence has changed that. 

until 3 weeks ago I thought 34 points would see safety but now its looking more like 36/37.  Which sucks everyone from Southampton down onto the fray.

It may seem that some have enough points to not be included but they all have to play each other.  Including us.  Lose a few of those 6 pointers and the trap door opens.
(21-02-2021, 11:16 AM)The Groover Wrote: Every season a team drops like a stone into the relegation zone.  This season I thought that the 3 at the bottom were done but fulham's resurgence has changed that. 

until 3 weeks ago I thought 34 points would see safety but now its looking more like 36/37.  Which sucks everyone from Southampton down onto the fray.

It may seem that some have enough points to not be included but they all have to play each other.  Including us.  Lose a few of those 6 pointers and the trap door opens.
Scott Parker or is it Scott Tracey keep getting them confused ? has proven to be a decent manager.  Has seen them struggle at start of season..being wide open at the back...so wide open we had 8 shots on target against them which apart from WBA is about 8 times our average! They have tightened up at the back but still pose a threat going forward. They battered Liverpool just before Liverpool luckily put 7 past us. Luckily because it was one of those days when everything they hit went in. It shows it was luck because they have missed tons of easier chances since and struggled to score goals. Fulham should have beaten them but for a fortuitous handball penalty decision...but it was Liverpool..Theu have drawn games they deserved to win and lost one's where a draw would have been fair. Contrast that with us. The only teams we have battered are WBA  and arguably Fulham. We have drawn games where we were woeful..Brighton ĺLeicester..even though we led both. Luckily beat Saints. If WBS hadn't had a player sent off I doubt we woukd have won as they were dominating.  Spurs sat back when they took lead and after we levelled they came out and created several chances and a wonder save from VG got us a point. The Man U win was fortuitous as we got a man u style penalty. I honestly can't think of a fame where I thought we were really good. The Leeds result was fortuitous because Bsmfordd disallowed goal was ridiculous. . It would have made it 1 1..the dynamics then change. I know we've had a few really close offsides given. Am I wrong or have there been excellent performances and not just good results. I don't think I've watched us and thought...wow that was good. Or how on earth did we not win that? Whreas other teams around us have. Fulham especially. Newcastle lost to Msn U but I thought they were supremely unlucky. I've not thought that about us this season. The only ridiculous result was the Liverpool one if it had  been 3 5 or 2 4 it would have been a fairer reflection. I'd even say based on first half 3 3 would not have been too ridiculous. Again though Roy changed nothing at half time. Scott Parker has adapted and changed his team and tactics.  He's young. Roy isn't and doesn't
We need a 7 point swing from Fulham and West Brom. I.e. they drop points or we gain them. 

Fulham have: 

The arse, chelski and the Mancs. So have to beat at least one of them. Plus Burnley Southampton Newcastle.

West Brom have: 

Leicester, Villa, arse, Liverpool, and West Ham. They have to beat three of them. Plus wolves and Leeds. 

Count down is progressing to mathematical safety day.
I'll be happy when we have 40 or more points. Sheffield must be 3 points and Southampton another chance for a win.

That will do us.
(16-04-2021, 15:38 PM)Talons Wrote: I'll be happy when we have 40 or more points. Sheffield must be 3 points and Southampton another chance for a win.

That will do us.

Palace wont go down this year, although we will slip down the table and probably only be 2 points safe

We will lose to SU, 

But next season, we will, especially if we still have Benteke up front, the useless c*nt, and a geriatric manager still in charge, who plays defensive boring football week in and week out, infact its so boring the opposing teams dont need to do any homework on Palace, they just need to watch a Video from 2017
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at
(16-04-2021, 19:49 PM)steve m Wrote: Palace wont go down this year, although we will slip down the table and probably only be 2 points safe

We will lose to SU, 

But next season, we will, especially if we still have Benteke up front, the useless c*nt, and a geriatric manager still in charge, who plays defensive boring football week in and week out, infact its so boring the opposing teams dont need to do any homework on Palace, they just need to watch a Video from 2017

I would bite your hand off to be in this position on April 16th 2022.  Let's revisit this thread in 12 months and see where we are.  Its not been attractive this season, but you do have to credit the manager for somehow getting the points on the board so early.
Agreed.
It's almost like some fans have forgotten that we were a yo yo club for a decade and stuck in the second tier for a decade before that.

We ain't Champions League, by at least we are in the top 20.