Burnley, Tonight 2000
Obviously doubts now over Wilf, Guaita and Benteke, but at least we don't play until Monday.  Hopefully we are able to return to solid winning ways quickly and put last night behind us.
(25-06-2020, 13:19 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Obviously doubts now over Wilf, Guaita and Benteke, but at least we don't play until Monday.  Hopefully we are able to return to solid winning ways quickly and put last night behind us.
Think Big Ben has a hamstring. Hope we can get least 2/3 back for Monday.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
Burnley look piss poor against Watford.  And just as I typed this they score!

Was looking at our squad.  We have 21 senior players on the books that are available with 7 currently injured!!!  I think we will see 5/6 kids on the bench Monday or walking wounded.

Makes loans without a recall clause even more stupid!
Sorloth still banging them in for fun and wickham scored for SW!!!
This will be an interesting one.

Will Guaita/Wilf/Benteke be fit?

And irrespective of who plays, what Palace is going turn up? The team that looked fit, ready and up for it vs Bournemouth, or the tired uncommitted group of players that underperformed vs Liverpool?

I know we're all but mathematically safe this year, so there isn't a great deal to play for, but I'm hoping that the Liverpool game was just a blip and we turn it back on again against Burnley.

It will be a real shame if our season now fizzles out like a damp squib, when with a bit of determination and an equal amount of luck we could end up having our best season in the top flight for many a year.
(26-06-2020, 12:48 PM)HonorOakBloke Wrote: This will be an interesting one.

Will Guaita/Wilf/Benteke be fit?

And irrespective of who plays, what Palace is going turn up? The team that looked fit, ready and up for it vs Bournemouth,  or the tired uncommitted group of players that underperformed vs Liverpool?

I know we're all but mathematically safe this year, so there isn't a great deal to play for, but I'm hoping that the Liverpool game was just a blip and we turn it back on again against Burnley.

It will be a real shame if our season now fizzles out like a damp squib, when with a bit of determination and an equal amount of luck we could end up having our best season in the top flight for many a year.

Agreed.  I'm hoping we can write Liverpool off as a bad day, and hopefully get the key players in defence back quickly.  Burnley are level on points with us, so the loser can probably forget about getting into Europe.  Personally I feel that we will never have a better chance of finally getting there, so hope we go for all 21 points available.  Teams around us aren't going to drop many are they.
https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2020/june/ro...v-burnley/

(27-06-2020, 12:32 PM)Holmesdale Monkey Nuts Wrote: https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2020/june/ro...v-burnley/

Thats encouraging.  Particularly about Guaita.
Hope we can keep the season alive a bit longer tonight.  With Man Utd and Arsenal still in contention for the cup, then 8th place should be enough for the Europa League.  Can't see Zaha making it but who knows.
(29-06-2020, 09:13 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: Hope we can keep the season alive a bit longer tonight.  With Man Utd and Arsenal still in contention for the cup, then 8th place should be enough for the Europa League.  Can't see Zaha making it but who knows.
The only way 8th place comes into play will be if Cuty ban upheld. But as we know...wecwill finish 8th city will be banned ......and suddenly the ban will be lifted. I have not forgotten 1991.  Big Grin
Must win game if we have any ambitions for top 10. Let’s hope Roy’s roll over and play dead tactics vs Liverpool haven’t killed morale too much.
Just seen the line up and he’s back to the Bournemouth lineup, with Townsend in for Benteke. I find that absolutely infuriating. He basically chucked the Liverpool game.
ChrisGC Wrote:Just seen the line up and he’s back to the Bournemouth lineup, with Townsend in for Benteke. I find that absolutely infuriating. He basically chucked the Liverpool game.

Exactly what I thought.

Sam woods the jock player we loaned out is on the bench!
C'mon lads.
A decent showing and 3pts.

Make it so.
Taking the 'Kneagle' for Kayla?
(29-06-2020, 19:04 PM)...TUX... Wrote: C'mon lads.
A decent showing and 3pts.

Make it so.
Better line up than against the scousers.  Burnley on top early on though.
Burnley up for it, we look a bit lost at times. Burnley have come out of the traps and have nothing on the bench, clearly want to get an early goal and shut up shop. Hopefully Hodgsonball will come good and act as a rope-a-dope.
Then again, he’s not going to utilise subs in any meaningful way.
(29-06-2020, 19:24 PM)ChrisGC Wrote: Burnley up for it, we look a bit lost at times. Burnley have come out of the traps and have nothing on the bench, clearly want to get an early goal and shut up shop. Hopefully Hodgsonball will come good and act as a rope-a-dope.
Then again, he’s not going to utilise subs in any meaningful way.
Yep. Burnley look sharper and livelier
WTF Dyche makes fewer subs than Roy!!
Ward playing well, Wilf looks like he’s playing injured to me.