Brighton
About time we turned up to one of these.  We need to find a way to combat their use of the width of the pitch I think.  With our narrow set up we always seem to struggle against sides who use the width well.  Ayew seemed to be much happier in a more advanced fluid central role against the Geordies, although they were poor.  If we can leave them on 28 points they are in big relegation trouble still.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.wscou...1437%3famp

I wonder if Roy has sent him our lineup already Smile
Roy always gets the tone of this fixture completely wrong and over the past 3 or 4 meetings Zaha is just left to get kicked fuck out of by referees and our supposed hardman “Luka the murderer”.

This match fucking NEEDS McCarthy’s shithousery in the middle. He might not be setting the world alight, but he’s made for this fixture. Cagey, dominant, nasty: just there to ruin someone’s day and break up play.
(25-02-2020, 23:34 PM)ChrisGC Wrote: Roy always gets the tone of this fixture completely wrong and over the past 3 or 4 meetings Zaha is just left to get kicked fuck out of by referees and our supposed hardman “Luka the murderer”.

This match fucking NEEDS McCarthy’s shithousery in the middle. He might not be setting the world alight, but he’s made for this fixture. Cagey, dominant, nasty: just there to ruin someone’s day and break up play.
Its a good point Chris.  He is a very frustrating player, but in Lukas absence he has to play.  I think if you play him you have to play Kouyate as well to maintain the balance in the midfield.  However, McHodgson will start as we both know.
(25-02-2020, 23:34 PM)ChrisGC Wrote: Roy always gets the tone of this fixture completely wrong and over the past 3 or 4 meetings Zaha is just left to get kicked fuck out of by referees and our supposed hardman “Luka the murderer”.

Yep - start him and tell him to get stuck in hard at the first sign of any naughty behaviour by the Seaweed - but have Luka stripped off and ready to take over on the bench when the inevitable yellow card happens.
(26-02-2020, 07:48 AM)HonorOakBloke Wrote: Yep - start him and tell him to get stuck in hard at the first sign of any naughty behaviour by the Seaweed - but have Luka stripped off and ready to take over on the bench when the inevitable yellow card happens.
Isnt the ref that c*nt Atkinson who books wilf for being fouled? You can see it now. Wf gets belted 3vor 4 times. Nothing. McCarthy trips an opponent. Yellow and stern talking to.
(27-02-2020, 14:03 PM)Lombardo\s Hair Wrote: Isnt the ref that c*nt Atkinson who books wilf for being fouled? You can see it now. Wf gets belted 3vor 4 times. Nothing. McCarthy trips an opponent. Yellow and stern talking to.
I used to relax when I saw Atkinson was the ref - he gave the foul on wilf in the play off final after all.  But lately he seems to have become another big club ref.  Hopefully he refs it fairly on Saturday.  I dont think he appreciated being made to look stupid twice at Arsenal.
I will gladly take a point in this one.
We probably only need another 5.
Goodbye European Union. Goodbye Jeremy. Goodbye Nick. Jerk-It
Agreed, respect the point.

We will need some kind of attacking threat though. Can't be like it was in the home fixture in the first half.
(27-02-2020, 17:02 PM)Glazier Wrote: Agreed, respect the point.

We will need some kind of attacking threat though. Can't be like it was in the home fixture in the first half.
Yeah that was dire.  They used what little width there is really well.  We were narrow as fuck as per.  Hopefully Roy is brave and goes 4-4-2.  They are far from safe on 28 points.
(27-02-2020, 15:07 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: I used to relax when I saw Atkinson was the ref - he gave the foul on wilf in the play off final after all.  But lately he seems to have become another big club ref.  Hopefully he refs it fairly on Saturday.  I dont think he appreciated being made to look stupid twice at Arsenal.
He only looked stupid for booking wilf for a dive in one of the clearest pens of the season. He then booked wilf for an incident he coukdnt have seen at Watford when the Watford  player stepped into him
(28-02-2020, 00:02 AM)Lombardo\s Hair Wrote: He only looked stupid for booking wilf for a dive in one of the clearest pens of the season. He then booked wilf for an incident he coukdnt have seen at Watford when the Watford  player stepped into him
He also should have sent the long haired Arse player off in the last minute when he assaulted Wilf.  But I think he had lost it a bit by then.  Yeah the Watford one was amazing, like he literally had eyes in the back of his head.
Hear that Luka is out tomorrow. Is Kouyate fit? Will we play kelly in midfield?
(28-02-2020, 11:00 AM)Lombardo\s Hair Wrote: Hear that Luka is out tomorrow. Is Kouyate fit? Will we play kelly in midfield?
I would say that makes a mcArthur/mcarthy/kouyate midfield almost nailed on.  With Kouyates face on the lineup sheet.
We need someone to crap in the changing room.
(28-02-2020, 15:53 PM)The Groover Wrote: We need someone to crap in the changing room.
Roy? Smile
What I would play:

VG
Ward Dann Tomkins PVA
McCarthy
Jairo Kouyate Meyer
Ayew Benteke.
I’m dropping Zaha simple to throw them as we all know they’ve spent the whole week planning to kick fuck out of him for 90mins and neither the ref nor any of our players are going to protect him.
(28-02-2020, 22:00 PM)ChrisGC Wrote: What I would play:

VG
Ward Dann Tomkins PVA
McCarthy
Jairo Kouyate Meyer
Ayew Benteke.
I just don't see Roy experimenting but like you I would like to see more of Jairo and Meyer.  We need to find Meyer best position but I think Roy has decided he is too lightweight.  Pretty sure it'll be something like

VG

Ward
Dann
Tompkins
PVA 

McCarthur 
McCarthy
Kouyate

Ayew
Benteke
Zaha

It hasn't changed all season so can't see tomorrow being any different.
(28-02-2020, 22:25 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: I just don't see Roy experimenting but like you I would like to see more of Jairo and Meyer.  We need to find Meyer best position but I think Roy has decided he is too lightweight.  Pretty sure it'll be something like

VG

Ward
Dann
Tompkins
PVA 

McCarthur 
McCarthy
Kouyate

Ayew
Benteke
Zaha

It hasn't changed all season so can't see tomorrow being any different.
I think he’s right about Meyer being too lightweight, but it wouldn’t matter in this day and age if we played quick football and offered him a bit of protection. I like him as a footballer but he’s never going to prosper under Roy.
Its a bit like Jairo. FDB wasn’t a manager suited to the premier league or to Palace at the time, it was too much of a culture shock. That said, he was a fantastic player who knew a technically good player: Jairo is that player. He’ll leave us and go back to Holland and get player of the year, Mark my words.