Boxing
Please post here all things related to Boxing. 

I am a armchair supporter and love listening to it on the wireless. 

I missed last night's (or this morning's) fight as I thought AJ has this in his bag, who the feck is this Ruiz, must say was surprised and I think i got sucked into the hype about AJ. 

AJ did not just loose, he got beaten big time.

I would like to see AJ bounce back, reading articles today majority are saying, AJ did not take this fight seriously (?) and paid the price. 

But let's not take the glory away from Ruiz. Mexico has a heavy weight champion for the first time. 

Wilder now would like to fight Ruiz.....
(02-06-2019, 08:15 AM)Razorsedge Wrote: Please post here all things related to Boxing. 

I am a armchair supporter and love listening to it on the wireless. 

I missed last night's (or this morning's) fight as I thought AJ has this in his bag, who the feck is this Ruiz, must say was surprised and I think i got sucked into the hype about AJ. 

AJ did not just loose, he got beaten big time.

I would like to see AJ bounce back, reading articles today majority are saying, AJ did not take this fight seriously (?) and paid the price. 

But let's not take the glory away from Ruiz. Mexico has a heavy weight champion for the first time. 

Wilder now would like to fight Ruiz.....
Joshua was so bad that the cynic in me wonders if it was a set up. There are no good fights out there except Wilder and Fury so maybe they thought that an upset was the best way to create some excitement.
Goodbye European Union. Goodbye Jeremy. Goodbye Nick. Jerk-It
That is a fair point and I would think that would be very unprofessional if he threw his match away.

I do think Ruiz played a blinder and AJ got exposed. Maybe he was not fit for the fight and didn't take it too seriously
(02-06-2019, 14:24 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: That is a fair point and I would think that would be very unprofessional if he threw his match away.

I do think Ruiz played a blinder and AJ got exposed. Maybe he was not fit for the fight and didn't take it too seriously

If we dismiss my little conspiracy theory, then I would have to conclude that Joshua was just exposed as the bang average boxer he is.
He is a perfect specimen of a man but he would not have lasted one round against Tyson and would not have laid a glove on Ali. Lennox would have annihilated him. He has a knockout punch and size but not a lot more.
(02-06-2019, 15:47 PM)Talons Wrote: If we dismiss my little conspiracy theory, then I would have to conclude that Joshua was just exposed as the bang average boxer he is.
He is a perfect specimen of a man but he would not have lasted one round against Tyson and would not have laid a glove on Ali. Lennox would have annihilated him. He has a knockout punch and size but not a lot more.

I wonder how he would fare against Fury, or even against wilder, who has a hammer punch (a very good one too) 

AJ needs now to show he can win, or come November he will be the Amir Khan of Heavyweight boxing. 

Maybe he will have to start fighting Audley Harrison Smile
(02-06-2019, 17:20 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: I wonder how he would fare against Fury, or even against wilder, who has a hammer punch (a very good one too) 

AJ needs now to show he can win, or come November he will be the Amir Khan of Heavyweight boxing. 

Maybe he will have to start fighting Audley Harrison Smile

He is starting to look more like Frank Bruno every fight.   All coaching, no natural boxing ability.
It happens to every top heavyweight. Tyson, Lewis, Ali, etc.
Agree Expat, Heavyweight is brutal and I am not writing AJ off. He will be back I hope
(02-06-2019, 19:45 PM)The Expat Eagle Wrote: It happens to every top heavyweight. Tyson, Lewis, Ali, etc.

Anyone can get knocked out at heavyweight but Joshua does not deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as those three.
Never underestimate the fat bloke, plenty of padding and won't run out of energy.

It was beginning to look a bit stale with the big players avoiding Joshua but Ruiz has livened it up. If Ruiz beats him again which I expect then it'll be Joshua begging for fights. I bet Wilder can't wait now.
Angel 
I was impressed with the hand speed of the fatty boom boom. AJ looked like he just bottled it at the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
According to the paper yesterday AJ was concussed by one of the earlier blows to the head.

Excuse or explanation?
(03-06-2019, 15:39 PM)The Expat Eagle Wrote: According to the paper yesterday AJ was concussed by one of the earlier blows to the head.

Excuse or explanation?

Excuse maybe? 

I do think in all honsety AJ did not prepare fully for this fight and was always talking about bigger picture and the fights after this. He should have concentrated more....

Interesting times

(03-06-2019, 15:13 PM)mushroom Wrote: I was impressed with the hand speed of the fatty boom boom. AJ looked like he just bottled it at the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like Spurs Smile 

When he spat his gum shield out the umpire took it as a sign that AJ is finished.
Anyone watch the Fury fight?

I was listening on the wireless and Parker was commentating who initially wanted Fury to loose.

I thought Fury boxed well and this was a good clean win, gets him airtime and also might pique some interest with US boxing fans.

I never used to be a Fury fan, I am now slightly becoming one.....
Oleksandr Usyk named as WBO mandatory challenger for Joshua v Ruiz winner

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/48738582

THIS, I am looking forward to.
Wilder popped to Batley W yorks to open a restaurant......wowsers

haha

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/49443349
Butterbean was a beast. Watched some youtube clips of him last night. He'd have to be the most unconventional looking boxer of all time, but fuck if he hits you, you know it. Big Grin
(23-06-2019, 17:17 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: Oleksandr Usyk named as WBO mandatory challenger for Joshua v Ruiz winner

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/48738582

THIS, I am looking forward to.

It's not who you beat, it's who you know......though I like Usyk, as he has a real sense of humour about him.

At least we are getting some of the big fights towards the end of the year we were all denied.

We have Del boy v Usyk in a little over a week and I'm going to have a cheeky £20 on Joyce beating Dubious....oh I mean Dubois     Smile
Just stuck £30 on Joyce beating Dubois by KO or TKO at 11/2 on William Hill.....a return of £195 if it happens.

It just seems the most likely outcome to me.