Bournemouth Discussion
Now surely safe, we have the unheard of ability to look up the league rather than down it.  And incredibly we are 4 points from a Champions League place if Man City get banned as expected.  In our way stand Eddie Howes Bournemouth.  Can we heap the pressure on them and grind out a 4th one nil win in a row?  We will probably need to win most of the rest to get into Europe you feel.
Strangely enough we’re in line to have our best prem points total.
My mate told me today that we’ve been involved in 9 1-0 or 0-1 scores this season is this true?
First goal wins!
Richard Sole Wrote:Strangely enough we’re in line to have our best prem points total.
My mate told me today that we’ve been involved in 9 1-0 or 0-1 scores this season is this true?
First goal wins!

8 in the league 1 in the facup.

9 clean sheets as well.  Record in PL is 11 I believe.
elgin eagle Wrote:Now surely safe, we have the unheard of ability to look up the league rather than down it.  And incredibly we are 4 points from a Champions League place if Man City get banned as expected.  In our way stand Eddie Howes Bournemouth.  Can we heap the pressure on them and grind out a 4th one nil win in a row?  We will probably need to win most of the rest to get into Europe you feel.

53/54 points could be enough for 8th place which if a team in the top 5 wins the fa cup will be enough.  Provided man city are ruled out.

So 14/15 more points out of 27!!  Could be enough.
More of the same as the last 3 weeks, please.

Surely Roy won't change a winning team: and confidence must be riding high in the starting eleven right now. Whereas Bournemouth are I guess beginning to get nervous and edgy given their current form.

Just like Watford, Bournemouth can be a bit of a niggly clogging side, so I sort of expect another unspectacular 0-1 result - but that'll do me nicely.

I never thought I'd be saying it, but I even expect Benteke to continue his run of good form - and maybe even net the winner.
Bournemouth desperately need a win so will have to come at us.  That will suit our counter attacking play.  They lack confidence and are not used to a relegation dog fight. 

Another 1-0 win for the palace!
We will Palace this up somehow, but really, we should be looking at a victory here to my mind.
Nine games left so surely it’s not unreasonable to expect at least ten more points?
(08-03-2020, 22:01 PM)The Groover Wrote: 8 in the league 1 in the facup.

9 clean sheets as well.  Record in PL is 11 I believe.
Cheers mate.
(08-03-2020, 21:29 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Now surely safe, we have the unheard of ability to look up the league rather than down it.  And incredibly we are 4 points from a Champions League place if Man City get banned as expected.  In our way stand Eddie Howes Bournemouth.  Can we heap the pressure on them and grind out a 4th one nil win in a row?  We will probably need to win most of the rest to get into Europe you feel.
Was hoping city would beat united so wed only be 3 points behind and in crease our chances of catching leapfrog them and take their European spot. A smidgen of pay back for 2 cup finals. Especially as we could do double over them for first time in heaven knows how long.
Edit: Apparently NEVER.
(08-03-2020, 22:08 PM)The Groover Wrote: 53/54 points could be enough for 8th place which if a team in the top 5 wins the fa cup will be enough.  Provided man city are ruled out.

So 14/15 more points out of 27!!  Could be enough.
Yeah, and given there is still just under 25% of the season to go, and we've accrued 39 points so far, it's not an unreasonable ambition.  I'll take Europe in whatever form, but we might as well aim for 5th while we still have Wilf.  The run in might help in that regard.  Exciting times, coronavirus or no coronavirus Smile
High chance of the rest of the fixtures being played behind closed doors.

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2020/03/1...seriously/
Good. I’ll stream the matches and won’t have my armchair experience spoiled by a faint undercurrent of “SE25 SE25” or “wooowoohaaa Crystal Palace” and a badly out of time drum!
(12-03-2020, 09:02 AM)ChrisGC Wrote: Good. I’ll stream the matches and won’t have my armchair experience spoiled by a faint undercurrent of “SE25 SE25” or “wooowoohaaa Crystal Palace” and a badly out of time drum!
Haha there is that.

Will we get a refund on our season tickets?
Just a thought Elgin , maybe put the Palace chat at the top of the forum?
(12-03-2020, 20:37 PM)Richard Sole Wrote: Just a thought Elgin , maybe put the Palace chat at the top of the forum?
It was there before mate, I'll try and move it back.
(12-03-2020, 09:02 AM)ChrisGC Wrote: Good. I’ll stream the matches and won’t have my armchair experience spoiled by a faint undercurrent of “SE25 SE25” or “wooowoohaaa Crystal Palace” and a badly out of time drum!
Happy days! Seriously though season ticket holders should be compensated in one way or another.Probably vouchers for shit beer n burgers.
(12-03-2020, 20:42 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: It was there before mate, I'll try and move it back.
I think it’ll stimulate a bit more palace debate but with current events it’s highly unlikely lol. Best of luck mate.
(12-03-2020, 20:43 PM)Richard Sole Wrote: Happy days! Seriously though season ticket holders should be compensated in one way or another.Probably vouchers for shit beer n burgers.
Someone told me today that season ticket holders will be offered a free stream instead.  Not sure how true it is.  Sounds suitably pathetic though.  Apparently they want to stop illegal streaming so people don't gather in pubs and spread it.  Again, sounds like a bullshit reason to me.
It’s all bullshit Elgin