Beers you miss / don't miss .
Going back a bit now , but I used to love a pint of Webster's Yorkshire bitter ,  but, strangely i couldn't stand watneys beers of any sort . I was Quite partial to a beamish red too . I'm sure I'm forgetting a few old favourites here, so what beers did you like /dislike back in your halcyon days ? might jog my memory to hear a few being mentioned
When Oranjeboom first came out I thought it tasted disgusting. Had a pint of it at The Greyhound in Sydenham and asked the barman if it was off and, incredibly, it was actually meant to taste like that.
Brown Ale.
And not that Newcastle Brown shit.
Mann's Brown Ale.
The Pawsons Arms used to serve it in the 80's but not anymore.
(08-05-2019, 17:57 PM)DaiLaffing Wrote: When Oranjeboom first came out I thought it tasted disgusting. Had a pint of it at The Greyhound in Sydenham and asked the barman if it was off and, incredibly, it was actually meant to taste like that.

Terrible beer , only ever had one and that was like swallowing fluff .
Light and lager used to be mine and my mates drink of choice whilst frequenting South Norwood's many hostelries during the 80s. The light ale used to take some of the fizz out of the lager and made it a bit smoother. Don't hear of it any more.
Lowenbrau on tap was a headbanger
Is Newquay steam beer still going?
Used to be very fond indeed of Courage Imperial Russian Stout - a few of those to round off a night on the light and bitters, and I'd sleep like a baby.

Quite often on the bus on the way home from the pub.
There’s a Belgium beer called Bar-Bar... I like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Watneys Red Barrel was always warm and pretty yuck.
(18-05-2019, 12:18 PM)DaiLaffing Wrote: Watneys Red Barrel was always warm and pretty yuck.

Having been weaned on party sevens during my formative years, I can only agree with you . Not knowing any better at the time, i always  thought it was the dogs bollocks and warm sour tasting beer was normal . Then I discovered youngs beer and my education on proper beer started , and I may add, so did the all too familiar sunday morning feeling of having a mouth like the bottom of a bird cage . 
Big Grin
(18-05-2019, 12:41 PM)roasthimvinnie Wrote:
(18-05-2019, 12:18 PM)DaiLaffing Wrote: Watneys Red Barrel was always warm and pretty yuck.

Having been weaned on party sevens during my formative years, I can only agree with you . Not knowing any better at the time, i always  thought it was the dogs bollocks and warm sour tasting beer was normal . Then I discovered youngs beer and my education on proper beer started , and I may add, so did the all too familiar sunday morning feeling of having a mouth like the bottom of a bird cage . 
Big Grin
Big Grin Big Grin