Be Honest...
Sad 
When you look at this picture, what do you feel? Sadness? Anger? Bitterness? Indifference? Something else?

My Palace blog and podcast can be found at South London and Proud.
Sadness.  On the right the best young player to come though since the player on the left.  Sad
Johnny Williams is free....
(02-07-2019, 19:15 PM)Richard Sole Wrote: Johnny Williams is free....

So is Kaikai... Big Grin
It's funny, I tweeted this post with hashtags and whatnot and mostly Arsenal fans liked and retweeted it.

When it was published on the day of the Bournemouth game I had a bad feeling about the summer.

South London and Proud? South London and gone!
Indifference to be honest.

£45-50m for a RB with one season in the PL is great business.
(09-07-2019, 17:39 PM)Raggy Wrote: Indifference to be honest.

£45-50m for a RB with one season in the PL is great business.

Not in full agreement with that price. He was only going to get better and better; his rise in transfer value would easily have offset any raise we gave him to secure him for another year or two.

Picture is sad as I think Wilf's heart isn't in it any more and AWB has gone. I just hope we can get a decent price and someone with the potential at the least, to fill the void he leaves.
(09-07-2019, 21:15 PM)Glazier Wrote: Not in full agreement with that price. He was only going to get better and better; his rise in transfer value would easily have offset any raise we gave him to secure him for another year or two.

Picture is sad as I think Wilf's heart isn't in it any more and AWB has gone. I just hope we can get a decent price and someone with the potential at the least, to fill the void he leaves.
Feel the same to be honest.  Just feel like each year we remain in this league, the club becomes more like a brand than a club.  The players have no connection with the area, just commodities to be bought and sold, the shit font on everything around the ground.  I suppose it's the inevitable price of staying in this league that it plays out like this.  It depresses me how football is going.
(09-07-2019, 21:26 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Feel the same to be honest.  Just feel like each year we remain in this league, the club becomes more like a brand than a club.  The players have no connection with the area, just commodities to be bought and sold, the shit font on everything around the ground.  I suppose it's the inevitable price of staying in this league that it plays out like this.  It depresses me how football is going.

True. Very good thread on the BBS about ticketing where people are coming to similar conclusions tbh..

If by font you mean the sponsor then yeah it's so bad it's actually amusing. Those Luzern shirts must be worth a few bob.
(11-07-2019, 22:07 PM)Glazier Wrote: True. Very good thread on the BBS about ticketing where people are coming to similar conclusions tbh..

If by font you mean the sponsor then yeah it's so bad it's actually amusing. Those Luzern shirts must be worth a few bob.
My manbetx logo is actually falling off by itself.  It's like a bio degradable logo Smile

It feels like the price of 'success' doesn't it.  I don't long for the 0-1 defeats on a Tuesday night in front of 12,000 of us either though, but at least there was more of a community spirit back then.
(11-07-2019, 22:52 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: My manbetx logo is actually falling off by itself.  It's like a bio degradable logo Smile

It feels like the price of 'success' doesn't it.  I don't long for the 0-1 defeats on a Tuesday night in front of 12,000 of us either though, but at least there was more of a community spirit back then.
Yet out of some sort of loyalty we trudge to Selhurst week after week...
(11-07-2019, 23:25 PM)Yuri Gagarin Wrote: Yet out of some sort of loyalty we trudge to Selhurst week after week...
At least it doesn't take you 8 hours to get home after it mate. I only go for the all day drinking, the football is like the church bit.  Painful but necessary.
50mill for someone that clearly wanted out all season after rejecting contract offers.
Not Sadness, Not Angry and I'm not Bitter, nor am I feeling Indifferent.

I'M DELIGHTED 50 large ones for a kid that's had basically one season in the PL.
Players are ruthless and so should we be...……………………….fuck him.
I'm feeling sad. Potential and experience. £50 million is a lot but if the Weed rate Dunk at £40 million it doesn't seem enough.