Baby Hitler
If you could go back in time, would it be morally right to kill baby Hitler?
(30-08-2019, 10:34 AM)Yuri Gagarin Wrote: If you could go back in time, would it be morally right to kill baby Hitler?
Yes.

If you could see forward in time, would it be morally right to kill any world leader who wished death and misery on another countries citizens?
(30-08-2019, 10:34 AM)Yuri Gagarin Wrote: If you could go back in time, would it be morally right to kill baby Hitler?
Definitely. No that I approve of violence of course.........
Minority report, I like it Smile
(30-08-2019, 11:48 AM)Razorsedge Wrote: Minority report, I like it Smile
Dick
Interesting question!

I am going to play devil's advocate and suggest three reasons why the answer should be "No"

1) The rise of an aggressive expansionist Germany was inevitable after their harsh treatment in the Treaty of Versaille. Hitler found a willing audience for his message, suggesting if it hadn't been him, it would have been someone else. And that 'someone else' might just have gone on to do a more effective job at world domination.

2) The justification for killing baby Hitler only stands up if we believe there is only one fixed timeline. Mainstream modern Science doesn't accept this the case - see quantum mechanics, string theory, etc. So in other words, Hitler's path wasn't inevitably set in stone from when he was baby but was a result of random chance and unpredictable events. You might go back and kill the Hitlerthat was destined to spend the rest of his life as a struggling artist in Vienna. You bastard.

3) Killing a baby would make you as bad as Hitler. You might argue your killing was justified, but Hitler believed he was justified too. You might argue your actions make the world better - but you can't ever be 100% sure because of reasons 1 and 2.
(30-08-2019, 10:39 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: Yes.

If you could see forward in time, would it be morally right to kill any world leader who wished death and misery on another countries citizens?

Would babies Tony Blair, George Bush and Hilary Clinton all get it too?
Oh no. Not baby Hitler again.

There is a simple answer.

Time cannot be like in films. You can't change outcomes by travelling back. It is nosensical. The butterfly effect and all such fantasies are impossible.

I'm not killing any babies anyway.
I wouldn't kill him but i'd change one thing...……………………………………..his fucken name, Adolf is a shit name Tongue
(30-08-2019, 12:11 PM)Bones14 Wrote: I wouldn't kill him but i'd change one thing...……………………………………..his fucken name, Adolf is a shit name Tongue
Bob Hitler?

Eddie Hitler?
Not Eddie, that's my young blokes name.
Hows about Harry, Henry or Herbert.
(30-08-2019, 12:21 PM)Talons Wrote: Bob Hitler?

Eddie Hitler?
Smile

Harry Hitler wouldn't hurt a fly, you would think.
(30-08-2019, 12:02 PM)Raggy Wrote: Would babies Tony Blair, George Bush and Hilary Clinton all get it too?
Bush could stay for comedy value. Blair and Clinton should be locked up together somewhere and made to talk to each other forever.
(30-08-2019, 12:11 PM)Bones14 Wrote: I wouldn't kill him but i'd change one thing...……………………………………..his fucken name, Adolf is a shit name Tongue
I would chop off his other bollock.
(30-08-2019, 12:27 PM)Bones14 Wrote: Not Eddie, that's my young blokes name.
Hows about Harry, Henry or Herbert.
Oi ! My middle name is Herbert.
(30-08-2019, 11:53 AM)Yuri Gagarin Wrote: Dick

Sad
(30-08-2019, 13:43 PM)TheBiggin Wrote: Oi ! My middle name is Herbert.
Herb Hitler sounds about as unevil as it can get.  It's Hitler's parents we should be focussing on for calling him Adolf. Earth changing wankers.
(30-08-2019, 13:42 PM)TheBiggin Wrote: I would chop off his other bollock.

Made me laugh Smile
(30-08-2019, 13:46 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: Sad
Philip K Dick wrote it.
(30-08-2019, 13:42 PM)TheBiggin Wrote: I would chop off his other bollock.
Did they ever find the one in the Albert Hall?