Arsenal (A) Thursday 14th, 2000
Fresh legs please.
Arsenal weren't great but that was the best we have defended all season. A good away point.
Goodbye European Union. Goodbye Jeremy. Goodbye Nick. Jerk-It
Happy.
Good point that.  Man City away will be tough.
Respect the point and we took it too them as well. 

4-4-2 away to the arse!
Decent performance but can't help feeling the subs were wrong yet again. Ayew is worse than in his first season and a shadow of last season. Bats is more mobile than Tekkrrs who had a decent game apart from his passing. The balance seemed okay so for once a likecfor line sub woukd have been best. Also think zmcarthur should have come off and Jairo on. Eze needs to be behind wilf and Centre forward.  That's how I saw it and overall we deserved to win..  
Man city will be dangerous but if we push wilf up front and go long......
I subscribe to The Athletic which for those who don't know is an online footie mag in which fans can talk about each game as well as read articles in club etc. Read the comments of Gunner fans. They seem to admit we were better side. Complained about the pedestrian build up. I felt like saying...welcome to our world...
Angry.

We had the better of them in the first half, they had absolutely fuck all. We could’ve won that game. The clear instruction at half time was to see it out for a point.
(14-01-2021, 23:11 PM)Lombardo\s Hair Wrote: Decent performance but can't help feeling the subs were wrong yet again. Ayew is worse than in his first season and a shadow of last season. Bats is more mobile than Tekkrrs who had a decent game apart from his passing. The balance seemed okay so for once a likecfor line sub woukd have been best. Also think zmcarthur should have come off and Jairo on. Eze needs to be behind wilf and Centre forward.  That's how I saw it and overall we deserved to win..  
Man city will be dangerous but if we push wilf up front and go long......
I subscribe to The Athletic which for those who don't know is an online footie mag in which fans can talk about each game as well as read articles in club etc. Read the comments of Gunner fans. They seem to admit we were better side. Complained about the pedestrian build up. I felt like saying...welcome to our world...

I'm not arguing, i've just never understood why he's here..........again! 
An utter waste of money imo. I'd rather the funds went on signing Lookman last summer (did we ever enquire?).
A good away point lads?! ffs, what  are you saying to me EE, Tux, Groover, Lombardo?!?!?! You’re seeing Arsenal the badge, not that dog shit team we should’ve just beaten. This wasn’t the invincibles. We should’ve shown some ambition and gone for it, that second half was just us letting them off the hook and surrendering 2 points.
Maybe not Lombardo tbf, I’ve just had 5 pints of leffe and my focus is failing me a tad.
(15-01-2021, 00:03 AM)ChrisGC Wrote: Maybe not Lombardo tbf, I’ve just had 5 pints of leffe and my focus is failing me a tad.
I'm sure we all shared in your frustration but we often lose to tmtgesecteans purely because of te way we set up out of fear. I look forward to Roy retiring.  Ptoblem is Wilf will probably go too and we will have lost Meyer who no doubt will blossom elsewhere. Jsiro must be really pisses off. I would if I were him. Getting rave reviews gets an injury. Out of form Luka comes in and keeps place when jairo fit. Having said that Luka did well tonight.But with the  right subs and a tactical change we could have won.
(15-01-2021, 00:01 AM)ChrisGC Wrote: A good away point lads?! ffs, what  are you saying to me EE, Tux, Groover, Lombardo?!?!?! You’re seeing Arsenal the badge, not that dog shit team we should’ve just beaten. This wasn’t the invincibles. We should’ve shown some ambition and gone for it, that second half was just us letting them off the hook and surrendering 2 points.

On another night we could have won that, this is true, they are not an incredible side.  That said, they were in decent form prior to this and I thought tactically we were very good last night.  They were slow in their build up play which also suited us down to the ground.  Man City will be much faster.  Like Arsenal, they are not what they were, but both teams still have players that can hurt you in an instant.  One point from 2 games wouldn't be a great return though.
(15-01-2021, 00:01 AM)ChrisGC Wrote: A good away point lads?! ffs, what  are you saying to me EE, Tux, Groover, Lombardo?!?!?! You’re seeing Arsenal the badge, not that dog shit team we should’ve just beaten. This wasn’t the invincibles. We should’ve shown some ambition and gone for it, that second half was just us letting them off the hook and surrendering 2 points.

Bringing the ineffective Ayew was the worst decision of the night. Ffs Roy.
Under Construction   Cool
Benteke had more chances than usual. If only he could have taken one. If he keeps getting the service, then he must start scoring.

(But then been saying that for ages)
ChrisGC Wrote:A good away point lads?! ffs, what  are you saying to me EE, Tux, Groover, Lombardo?!?!?! You’re seeing Arsenal the badge, not that dog shit team we should’ve just beaten. This wasn’t the invincibles. We should’ve shown some ambition and gone for it, that second half was just us letting them off the hook and surrendering 2 points.

They have just come off a 3 win run.  So a point away is a result.   We have been in this position before and then one flash of brilliance chances the game.  Scorpion kick!

We needed that little bit of luck but never got it.  Normally in games like this that we should have won the oppo sneaks it with a flash of brilliance.

I agree we sould have won but we go into Sunday with confidence and I think we can get something off them as well.  

Like many I expected zip from these two games so this is a bonus.

We need just 12 more points for safety and then Roy can let the shackles off.  However, we are already taking it to teams with some decent results.
(15-01-2021, 08:16 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: On another night we could have won that, this is true, they are not an incredible side.  That said, they were in decent form prior to this and I thought tactically we were very good last night.  They were slow in their build up play which also suited us down to the ground.  Man City will be much faster.  Like Arsenal, they are not what they were, but both teams still have players that can hurt you in an instant.  One point from 2 games wouldn't be a great return though.
On another night? We should’ve won it last night! And as for form? You play what’s in front of you and they were there to be put to the sword.

Terrible result, defending out a point for 45 minutes when we could’ve won.
(15-01-2021, 12:46 PM)The Groover Wrote: They have just come off a 3 win run.  So a point away is a result.   We have been in this position before and then one flash of brilliance chances the game.  Scorpion kick!

We needed that little bit of luck but never got it.  Normally in games like this that we should have won the oppo sneaks it with a flash of brilliance.

I agree we sould have won but we go into Sunday with confidence and I think we can get something off them as well.  

Like many I expected zip from these two games so this is a bonus.

We need just 12 more points for safety and then Roy can let the shackles off.  However, we are already taking it to teams with some decent results.
What decent results are those? Gave away 2 points last night having been knocked out of the cup to a team lower down in the table than us and getting hammered by Villa?