Arsenal
Definitely a Red Card all day for me not sure why the Ref gave iit a Yellow. Once again we don't fly out of the blocks and we need Roy to sort them out in the second half but in the first half we moved 20 yards further forward after their goal and grew into the game.
Could of been more than one goal down in the first 20 minutes, anyway looks like Max may be injured for Citeh and Tosun looked OK for the 20 minutes he was on.
Not sure about McCarthy. But Jimmy Mac was awesome for me today.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
Agree with all of the above. Wouldve preferred a diagonal ball from reidawald into tosun than repeatedly giving it to zaha, late in second half, having said that luiz and the other guy were pretty commanding. When ars were playing there high up the field tactics when we had free kicks we shouldve gone short instead of plonking it in there
Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.
(11-01-2020, 14:55 PM)Sweaty Eagle Wrote: Definitely a Red Card all day for me not sure why the Ref gave iit a Yellow. Once again we don't fly out of the blocks and we need Roy to sort them out in the second half but in the first half we moved 20 yards further forward after their goal and grew into the game.
Could of been more than one goal down in the first 20 minutes, anyway looks like Max may be injured for Citeh and Tosun looked OK for the 20 minutes he was on.

Well the pundit on BT wasnt even sure it was a foul. Said it was not a yellow and then said..o yes good spot by ref...I couldnt tell how bad it was from my seat but the reaction in main stand in front of it said a lot.
(11-01-2020, 14:55 PM)Sweaty Eagle Wrote: Definitely a Red Card all day for me not sure why the Ref gave iit a Yellow. Once again we don't fly out of the blocks and we need Roy to sort them out in the second half but in the first half we moved 20 yards further forward after their goal and grew into the game.

Yeah really slow out today weren't we, showed them far too much respect.  Everyone knows you have to get in Arsenals face.  Was it my imagination or were Arsenal guilty of sooo many foul throws today?  And taking every set piece from where they wanted?  Well happy with the point though overall.
(11-01-2020, 18:32 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Yeah really slow out today weren't we, showed them far too much respect.  Everyone knows you have to get in Arsenals face.  Was it my imagination or were Arsenal guilty of sooo many foul throws today?  And taking every set piece from where they wanted?  Well happy with the point though overall.
Apparently after one of the foul throws the ref had a word with the player and explained why it was a foul!! But shouldnt he have given the throw to us and not given the player coaching lesson?
(11-01-2020, 19:58 PM)Lombardo\s Hair Wrote: Apparently after one of the foul throws the ref had a word with the player and explained why it was a foul!! But shouldnt he have given the throw to us and not given the player coaching lesson?
And shouldn't Luiz have been booked for running out and picking the ball. I don't think the ref even had a word with him.  They were taking the piss out of him i thought.
The lino on the main stand got a little clap from the ref when he got a decision right!
Not everyone who voted Brexit is racist. Fact. 
It is likely that racists probably voted for Brexit.
Anyone involved in grooming gangs, regardless of religion, is a c*nt who should be chemically castrated.
Hope that clarifies things.
(11-01-2020, 20:25 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: And shouldn't Luiz have been booked for running out and picking the ball. I don't think the ref even had a word with him.  They were taking the piss out of him i thought.
Yep. Not only that the ref actually moved the ball to where Luiz wanted it. Let him referee!!
I don't know why Luiz was bothered. If I was the opposition I'd give us free kicks and cornersxall game. McCarthy's dead ball kicks made Lukas seem mercurial in comparison. We only got one corner so not sure how good they would have been. How many is that since we last scored from one? 93? We either score penalties or wonder goals. Set pieces apart from one are ********* ****
(11-01-2020, 20:52 PM)Yuri Gagarin Wrote: The lino on the main stand got a little clap from the ref when he got a decision right!
Should have been sent off! Sarcastic clapping is a terrible offence!
(12-01-2020, 00:39 AM)Lombardo\s Hair Wrote: Yep. Not only that the ref actually moved the ball to where Luiz wanted it. Let him referee!!
I don't know why Luiz was bothered. If I was the opposition I'd give us free kicks and cornersxall game. McCarthy's dead ball kicks made Lukas seem mercurial in comparison. We only got one corner so not sure how good they would have been. How many is that since we last scored from one? 93? We either score penalties or wonder goals. Set pieces apart from one are ********* ****
I think it's over 100 now and no surprise.  Have wondered for years how we can sign targetmen after targetmen and not sign anyone capable of whipping in a cross or taking a set piece.  Surely they go hand in hand?  However in typical Palace fashion we mix 2 jigsaws together.  Any chance of Albrighton?
Surely in training they practice free kicks and corners. If not then we can see why.

(12-01-2020, 10:52 AM)Sweaty Eagle Wrote: Surely in training they practice free kicks and corners. If not then we can see why.

Youd think so. But then again Roy was the manager that designated Harry Kane as corner taker for England!
(12-01-2020, 13:30 PM)Lombardo's Hair Wrote: Youd think so. But then again Roy was the manager that designated Harry Kane as corner taker for England!
That's true and did find that odd.

(12-01-2020, 10:52 AM)Sweaty Eagle Wrote: Surely in training they practice free kicks and corners. If not then we can see why.

I remember Beckham back in the day, would practice crossing for hours after training.  It's a skill than none of our squad possess.  I forget where, but somebody posted a link to somewhere where it was argued that crossing is becoming a dying art.  I'd have signed Meertens before he was famous and Maddison before he progressed out of our league.  Those type of players are worth their weight in gold, especially if you have full backs who can chuck a half decent cross over as well.

Interested to see what our board manages to sanction in the next 3 weeks.  I suspect they wont address the issue again but only based on experience of every transfer window since we signed Bolasie.
professional footballers who can’t cross a dead ball make me wanna tear my hair out,ffs it’s not that hard surely?
(12-01-2020, 19:57 PM)Richard Sole Wrote: professional footballers who can’t cross a dead ball make me wanna tear my hair out,ffs it’s not that hard surely?

^^^^^^^

EFA
(11-01-2020, 20:52 PM)Yuri Gagarin Wrote: The lino on the main stand got a little clap from the ref when he got a decision right!
Wasn't he the same guy who ran the line to our left at West Ham away and got everything wrong?
If not he's certainly been shit before at one of our games..
(15-01-2020, 19:15 PM)in-exile Wrote: Wasn't he the same guy who ran the line to our left at West Ham away and got everything wrong?
If not he's certainly been shit before at one of our games..
He's been lino loads. Been shite loads too.
Not everyone who voted Brexit is racist. Fact. 
It is likely that racists probably voted for Brexit.
Anyone involved in grooming gangs, regardless of religion, is a c*nt who should be chemically castrated.
Hope that clarifies things.