Area 51 Air Raid Organised Via Facebook
Some chap decided it was a laugh to open a page in FB and invited people to join him and free the aliens.....he has said it is a joke..but people are all getting excited and USAF had to officially warn people not to do it...

Have we gone mad? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-48989949
https://www.ntnews.com.au/news/area-51-m...8rNlGo-OUQ

Apparently they are going to March 84km through the Nevada desert.  That's like 50 miles.  Fuck that for a game of getting shot by the soldiers.

Will be watching the live stream though.
(17-07-2019, 16:03 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: https://www.ntnews.com.au/news/area-51-m...8rNlGo-OUQ

Apparently they are going to March 84km through the Nevada desert.  That's like 50 miles.  Fuck that for a game of getting shot by the soldiers.

Will be watching the live stream though.

If they make 5 miles, I will eat my hat, I don't think they know how hot a desert can get Smile

What kind of a moron wants to go to Area 51? a heavily fortified place......I will watch this live stream I reckon

I don't have facebook account so will rely on someone posting this on youtube
(17-07-2019, 17:52 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: If they make 5 miles, I will eat my hat, I don't think they know how hot a desert can get Smile

What kind of a moron wants to go to Area 51? a heavily fortified place......I will watch this live stream I reckon

I don't have facebook account so will rely on someone posting this on youtube
It'll be interesting if they do shoot someone.  Mind you 1.4 million saying they will be there and how many actually turn up....And that's without the 50 mile hike.  Imagine if thousands actually made it in.
I suspect I am inviting mockery ......but maybe not, this is not the BBS. I guess we'll find out. Wink

Anyway, back in the day I spent some time travelling around the US with my then-girlfriend, now wife. It was a great trip - Vegas, Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Yosemite, San Francisco, Big Sur.

We didn't have a pre-planned route and on the spur of the moment we headed down Extra-Terrestial Highway into the Nevada Desert to the tiny tony of Rachel on the edge of Area 51. I say town, but in reality it was more a collection of trailers.

We met some crazy but great people out there in the Desert, including Ex-US Air Force and ex-employees of Area 51. We heard a lot of stories from them as well. I think I am a pretty good judge of character and I think those people believed what they were telling me.

.....and yes, we saw a lot of strange things in the skies that neither me nor my girlfriend could explain. Silver spheres appearing out of nowhere, hanging in the sky for 5 seconds and disappearing in a blink. Muliti-coloured lights dancing across the nightsky, rapidly changing direction.

So do I believe the US Air Force have something to hide at Area 51? Do I believe UFOs are real? Yes without doubt. In my experience, anyone who spends any time looking into this comes to the same conclusion.
(17-07-2019, 20:14 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: It'll be interesting if they do shoot someone.  Mind you 1.4 million saying they will be there and how many actually turn up....And that's without the 50 mile hike.  Imagine if thousands actually made it in.

I am sure there will be something like a hundred as Americans love a conspiracy theory, but I do want a lot to attend and it will be a laugh to watch it
(17-07-2019, 15:37 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: Some chap decided it was a laugh to open a page in FB and invited people to join him and free the aliens.....he has said it is a joke..but people are all getting excited and USAF had to officially warn people not to do it...

Have we gone mad? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-48989949
Newsbeat eh? Are you down with da kidz or is the site dumbing down?

I saw a UFO once. Bout 1979 I lived on the 12th floor of a tower block on the Surrey Lane Estate in Battersea.
Saw what looked like a fireball about 200 feet away level with the window. Just hovering there.
Told me dad, but Hot Gossip were on Kenny Everett at the time  so he was no use... By the time I turned back to look at it, it had gorn.
Convinced it was a UFO
Errol Brown time.

(17-07-2019, 20:34 PM)Raggy Wrote: I suspect I am inviting mockery ......but maybe not, this is not the BBS. I guess we'll find out. Wink

Anyway, back in the day I spent some time travelling around the US with my then-girlfriend, now wife. It was a great trip - Vegas, Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Yosemite, San Francisco, Big Sur.

We didn't have a pre-planned route and on the spur of the moment we headed down Extra-Terrestial Highway into the Nevada Desert to the tiny tony of Rachel on the edge of Area 51. I say town, but in reality it was more a collection of trailers.

We met some crazy but great people out there in the Desert, including Ex-US Air Force and ex-employees of Area 51. We heard a lot of stories from them as well. I think I am a pretty good judge of character and I think those people believed what they were telling me.

.....and yes, we saw a lot of strange things in the skies that neither me nor my girlfriend could explain. Silver spheres appearing out of nowhere, hanging in the sky for 5 seconds and disappearing in a blink. Muliti-coloured lights dancing across the nightsky, rapidly changing direction.

So do I believe the US Air Force have something to hide at Area 51? Do I believe UFOs are real? Yes without doubt. In my experience, anyone who spends any time looking into this comes to the same conclusion.

There is no mockery from me Raggy, I wouldn't march to a military camp and say I will free the inmates etc and that was the point of my thread and to engage in discussion to see what others think. 
Like you I done that pilgrimage so I know the places you are talking about and I have seen the stuff you describe. 
I have also flown over (not over Area 51 as it is restricted airspace) but in the vicinity. 

Now the question is would you join that group of people if you were in us now?
I personally wouldn't

(17-07-2019, 22:42 PM)Yuri Gagarin Wrote: Newsbeat eh? Are you down with da kidz or is the site dumbing down?

I saw a UFO once. Bout 1979 I lived on the 12th floor of a tower block on the Surrey Lane Estate in Battersea.
Saw what looked like a fireball about 200 feet away level with the window. Just hovering there.
Told me dad, but Hot Gossip were on Kenny Everett at the time  so he was no use... By the time I turned back to look at it, it had gorn.
Convinced it was a UFO
Errol Brown time.

Some of the best stuff regarding science and tech can be found on newsbeat. Smile
(17-07-2019, 22:42 PM)Yuri Gagarin Wrote: Newsbeat eh? Are you down with da kidz or is the site dumbing down?

Convinced it was a UFO
Errol Brown time.

I lived on Westbridge Road in Battersea in 1990, then later on Charlotte Despard on Doddington Estate.  Never saw any UFO's though I did see lots of dodgy looking people.  Probably quite a few illegal aliens too.
(18-07-2019, 06:47 AM)Razorsedge Wrote: There is no mockery from me Raggy, I wouldn't march to a military camp and say I will free the inmates etc and that was the point of my thread and to engage in discussion to see what others think. 
Like you I done that pilgrimage so I know the places you are talking about and I have seen the stuff you describe. 
I have also flown over (not over Area 51 as it is restricted airspace) but in the vicinity. 

I personally wouldn't

You visited Area 51 too? Did you see anything?

Will I be joining the group? No - I have important work stuff that week and kids to look after.  Shy

Would I be joining the group in different circumstances? Yes! If I was out there and not tied down wth responsibilities, then absolutely yes. But even then I would have to be sensible. Moving in with 1.4 million people would be fine. But finding yourself alone in the desert with a group of half a dozen would be a different matter, you'd be facing doing time in a federal prison at which point the joke isn't funny anymore.
(18-07-2019, 06:47 AM)Razorsedge Wrote: There is no mockery from me Raggy, I wouldn't march to a military camp and say I will free the inmates etc and that was the point of my thread and to engage in discussion to see what others think. 

I personally wouldn't
Have you ever seen any weird stuff in the sky whilst flying around that area?
The follow on question is if you were part of the 1.4 million and successfully stormed the base, what would you expect to find there?
(18-07-2019, 07:35 AM)Raggy Wrote: The follow on question is if you were part of the 1.4 million and successfully stormed the base, what would you expect to find there?
That's the big question really isn't it.  You wouldn't expect the doors to just be open either in a top secret base.
(18-07-2019, 07:41 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: That's the big question really isn't it.  You wouldn't expect the doors to just be open either in a top secret base.

Well yes there is that too.
Realistically, in the best-case scenario,  no more than a few thousand would make it in. Even allowing for no-shows and melts, walking through 50 miles of Nevada Desert would rule out most of the rest who do turn up. I think the military would deal with a few thousand quite comfortably with a few tanks and helicopters blocking their path.
Even if the group made it in, all facilities, bunkers and hangers would be on lockdown as you say - so explosives would be needed to break in any further, at which point the military would be justified in using lethal force. 
They are not going to be gunning down stoners in the desert. But anyone armed with anything more than a spliff will be classed as a domestic terrorist and will not gain any public sympathy if they end up in the mortuary.
(18-07-2019, 07:27 AM)Raggy Wrote: You visited Area 51 too? Did you see anything?

Will I be joining the group? No - I have important work stuff that week and kids to look after.  Shy

Would I be joining the group in different circumstances? Yes! If I was out there and not tied down wth responsibilities, then absolutely yes. But even then I would have to be sensible. Moving in with 1.4 million people would be fine. But finding yourself alone in the desert with a group of half a dozen would be a different matter, you'd be facing doing time in a federal prison at which point the joke isn't funny anymore.

I done the road trip down death valley etc and I didn't fancy going up Tikaboo peak, and sadly I didn't see anything...

But I agree, about being sensible Smile

(18-07-2019, 07:33 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: Have you ever seen any weird stuff in the sky whilst flying around that area?

Sadly not, but I have followed Janet (which is an airline catering for A51 staff)  out of Las Vegas and that is my claim to fame....

(18-07-2019, 08:04 AM)Raggy Wrote: Well yes there is that too.
Realistically, in the best-case scenario,  no more than a few thousand would make it in. Even allowing for no-shows and melts, walking through 50 miles of Nevada Desert would rule out most of the rest who do turn up. I think the military would deal with a few thousand quite comfortably with a few tanks and helicopters blocking their path.
Even if the group made it in, all facilities, bunkers and hangers would be on lockdown as you say - so explosives would be needed to break in any further, at which point the military would be justified in using lethal force. 
They are not going to be gunning down stoners in the desert. But anyone armed with anything more than a spliff will be classed as a domestic terrorist and will not gain any public sympathy if they end up in the mortuary.

Very true. I do think it will be a few thousand, and a 50 mile trek will be torturous in a desert!!!

I think time to play the tune from Nevada Smith Smile

(18-07-2019, 07:41 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: That's the big question really isn't it.  You wouldn't expect the doors to just be open either in a top secret base.

Imagine if they did
The Sun has a new twist on this....

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9530172/ar...id-aliens/
(18-07-2019, 11:33 AM)Razorsedge Wrote: The Sun has a new twist on this....

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9530172/ar...id-aliens/

Every possible method will be employed to discredit and ridicule the 1.4million. Harbouring and shielding terrorists = non-patriotic behaviour. That should reduce the willingness to participate of a good proportion of the 1.4m.

I would also expect to see a good number 'needing rescuing' in the desert from 'heat exhaustion and dehydration'. The protesters look like wimps and pussies out their depth, the military look like life-saving heroes. So another 'win-win'.
(18-07-2019, 13:49 PM)Raggy Wrote: Every possible method will be employed to discredit and ridicule the 1.4million. Harbouring and shielding terrorists = non-patriotic behaviour. That should reduce the willingness to participate of a good proportion of the 1.4m.

I would also expect to see a good number 'needing rescuing' in the desert from 'heat exhaustion and dehydration'. The protesters look like wimps and pussies out their depth, the military look like life-saving heroes. So another 'win-win'.

Exactly my thoughts. I mean let's face it, if chaps from ISIS ever get US, would they go to Area 51????
(18-07-2019, 14:01 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: Exactly my thoughts. I mean let's face it, if chaps from ISIS ever get US, would they go to Area 51????

Now there's an idea for a Hollywood blockbuster... Big Grin
(18-07-2019, 13:49 PM)Raggy Wrote: Every possible method will be employed to discredit and ridicule the 1.4million. Harbouring and shielding terrorists = non-patriotic behaviour. That should reduce the willingness to participate of a good proportion of the 1.4m.

I would liken it to the riots we had a few years back.  The establishment must have shit themselves when anarchy briefly reigned.  The population must be controlled at all costs.  Whatever you think of protestors, rioters, or the mere 1.4 million curious about what the most powerful, secretive, manipulative and evil country on the planet is hiding from its population, spoof or not, they are right about one thing.  No army is big enough to control a huge number of people if they rise up.